Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

elite suito trainer wattage way off
Quote | Reply
I’ve had my elite suito trainer for a while now. I’ve almost always used my bike power meter instead of the built in one because it’s always been more accurate. I recently tried to recalibrate the trainer and get the wattage correct with no luck though. It’s a huge discrepancy. It says I’m pushing 50+ watts more than I’m actually doing, and this was after the roll down calibration.

I’m assuming I’m doing something wrong and maybe someone has an idea what it might be.

Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
WAE Clothing
Youtube
Quote Reply
Re: elite suito trainer wattage way off [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I researched a lot before buying my Elite Drivo. Picked it because it includes an actual torsional strain gauge, unlike most turbos, Suito included, which makes them cheaper. Some brands have a more consistent power approximation method than others - everyone loves the wahoo kickr but I understand it to just be an optical speed sensor with a correlation calibration at manufacture that holds over time.
If the power number on your Suito used to be different, it may be down to a change in room temperature or airflow. Otherwise, it's a product cost issue. Sorry not to be more optimistic.
That said, you should be able to edit a calibration offset in the PC program "Elite MyEtraining".
Last edited by: emceemanners: Dec 27, 23 13:50
Quote Reply