Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: December fish [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
356 days is so, so cool :-) thanks for checking in! See you in 2024!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: December fish [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A gentle 64:52 3500m this morning. It was miraculous that I never got held up (or held people up) in a somewhat crowded pool. (Peter Reid and son attended again.)

I'm a "lap swimmer" on Sundays. I want to get to 5000m. I'm thinking 4000m-4500m-5000m on the next 3 Sundays.

A sub 90min 5000m is something that I want to do. I actually don't think that will be difficult for me. But 5000m is a bit scary.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: December fish [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Nice swim. I'm sure you can do the sub 90 5k!
always cool to see stars, too :)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
473,361 yards for the year

But thanks to the encouragement of Dr Tigerchik, as well as getting my ass kicked in the last race I upped the yardage

Dec alone was 140,625 yards.
Last edited by: MrTri123: Dec 31, 23 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: December fish [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I upped the yardage

nice Dec yards! That's a big month! Thanks for checking in :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s a great point about turns. The fastest pool guy I know has really disgustingly fast turns and can just put meters on people on that. That’s some nice ow swimming. Getting out quick and finding the right line or a good marker to sight , like a tree or feature in the background. Very good race craft strategies

As on holidays I’ve been having some massive sleep ins. I am loving it.
Quote Reply
Re: December fish [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That’s a great point about turns. The fastest pool guy I know has really disgustingly fast turns and can just put meters on people on that. That’s some nice ow swimming. Getting out quick and finding the right line or a good marker to sight , like a tree or feature in the background. Very good race craft strategies

in the OW race I've done the past 3 septembers (and once before that but it wasn't held in 2020) the way the course works, the best line into the finish puts you very near some roots that stick way out into the water. The volunteers annoyingly try to steer me away from said roots, because they don't know any better, while I hold the line. One of the years I'll remember to tell them. I will say that this is a three lap race so the first time when they try to herd me away from the non-tangent line, my bad for not telling them beforehand that I Know Exactly What I Am Doing, but the second and third times... you'd think they'd figure it out. (it isn't a huge race - I think there were 40 people doing more than one lap).

I lost at least one place in a race in summer 2022 from not having scouted the line into the finish well enough so that isn't a mistake I make any more

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I got in a little over 200 days of swimming this year, and cracked 667,000 yardages. It was one of my best years in the past couple decades, and I also got in some running and biking too, which was a nice bonus. Did lots of swimming races, got the old mans record for the Huntington Beach pier swim, which was sort of my highlight of the season. But also did my first triathlon in 11 years too, and it went remarkable well for only having 5 weeks to prepare. Lit a fire for me to get back and do some more next year, although more prepared.

Drove a couple hours today to the only sunday swim I could fine around here and got in 24x200's. It was their New Years swim, mostly swimming on a 1;30 base, with some 25's of IM thrown in there. So ended with my biggest swim of the year, 4800SCY.

Happy New Years everyone, see you all next year and happy swimming to all.....

24x200 as 4x(200/2x100/200/4x50/200/8x25)
4800SCY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes a lot of the people I know like to swim out to the first big turning buoy. Just to loosen up and also try to see if they can feel or sense any advantage in currents. That swim with roots sounds like a lake swim. Is it cold in September
Quote Reply
Re: December fish [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes a lot of the people I know like to swim out to the first big turning buoy. Just to loosen up and also try to see if they can feel or sense any advantage in currents. That swim with roots sounds like a lake swim. Is it cold in September

yes lake and no, very warm - it's in Oklahoma!

Quote Reply
Re: December fish [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty, I'm glad you had such a good year.

I had 512k yards or so but at some point I stopped logging the kicking, definitely 500 km if I'd logged that. I wanted to know the meters I was putting on my R shoulder, that's why I started not logging kick distance.

Quote Reply
Re: December fish [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Huntington record is gold. Signature “Monty” work.

Just a long aerobic set today long course

1k mix easy. Plenty of backstroke and slow motion freestyle
30x100 as 10 back on 135 10 free on 125 4 back on 135 6 back on 130 (130 backstroke is quite hard for me but didn’t want to be overtaken by the fast lady who just joined my lane at this point and was gaining rapidly when I was on 135)
100 easy
3x400 on 6 hold 545s 3x300 on 415 hold 405,401,345
600 easy
Quote Reply

Prev Next