Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P Series Rival Etap AXS or AXS 1?
Quote | Reply
I have to replace my lost Cervelo P2 circa 2015. Looking at the new P Series Rival Etap but wondering the advantage or disadvantage of going 1 or 2 chainring. I'm an heavier rider 200lbs plus and usually struggle through hills. I'll admit trying to figure out gear ratio to compare each gives me a headache LOL

Also wondering where the shift buttons are located and how they work compared to road bike version. I've searched the internet but didn't come up with much in the TT version of this groupo.

Any help is welcome :-)

Claude
Last edited by: nockon: Oct 31, 23 5:36
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series Rival Etap AXS or AXS 1? [nockon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For gear ratios you divide the chain ring by the cassette sprocket.

Rival Axs X2. High (hard) is 4.8. Low (easy) is 1.167
Rival AXS X1. High (hard) is 4.6. Low (easy) is 1.53

The X2 will give you an easier climbing gear and a little extra for the down hills.

I can't help you with the buttons. Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series Rival Etap AXS or AXS 1? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So for me definitely worth going two chainrings then. Thank you
Last edited by: nockon: Oct 31, 23 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series Rival Etap AXS or AXS 1? [nockon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the gear calculator on bikecalc.com. I get confused by ratios and gear inches and all that, on their calc you can do it all by speed at cadence or cadence at speed, which was helpful for me to understand what I needed/wanted.

1x definitely has its pros and cons and I think it's purely down to personal preference which is "best" for each person. Depends on what you like/want in terms of your ride experience, performance, and how your bike looks/needs to be maintained. And, of course, where you live/plan to race.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series Rival Etap AXS or AXS 1? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the biggest factor is simple, do you like or tolerate big jumps from one gear to the next. Thus impacting cadence. Or do you like tight more evenly spaced jumps.

Me, 2x. For that reason.
Quote Reply