Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero helmet for big head? (Rudy wing ????)
Quote | Reply
What’s the best aero helmet for a bigger head
My mate wants a aero helmet for his first IM but has a larger noggen

We are thinking the Rudy project wing , as I have one and love it
But reviews say it runs pretty small

Mine is a sml/medium and no chance at all he can get it even over his ears
We also have a med ekoi helmet and again no chance to get it on

How much bigger will the large be in the wing ?
We got buy from australia so anything we get will be coming in from overseas so need to make the right decision
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Aero helmet for big head? (Rudy wing ????) [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a big head and a Rudy Project The Wing in size large. It fits, but can be annoying to put on; I have to take off the visor first, then when putting it over my head the sides of the helmet push my ears down (my ears are also big). I have to readjust my ears under the helmet, and then put the visor back on. Once on, it's fine. I can even cinch the adjustable head strap a bit to get a firmer fit on my head.

I also have a Smith Jetstream that I'm reasonable happy with (in terms of fit). I do have a similar issue with putting it on; I have to remove the visor first.

I'd like to try the Giro Aerohead. The magnetic visor can stick to the top of the helmet, so it might be easier to put on vs. tossing the visor to the side first.

Of course the visor is not an issue if I wear sunglasses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought both during Black Friday for my large head. While I REALLY wanted the Wing to work because of its shorter tail it was incredibly uncomfortable. I have a taller head and the sides pressed into my ears. So I guess it really depends on the shape of their head. The Smith Jetstream TT fit considerably better m. While it also doesn’t fully cover my ears it’s just a bit wider so it doesn’t put any pressure on them.

I liked it enough to have it custom painted for about 4x what the helmet cost.
Last edited by: marquette42: Oct 28, 23 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: Aero helmet for big head? (Rudy wing ????) [nanban_ronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wing has magnets in the helmet too so the visor can stick to the top
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply