Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

British Triathlon Ruling The Waves
Quote | Reply
It's not gone unnoticed by me, but I'm sure most else (including the British media) how incredibly well pro British triathletes are doing across all distances.

Hopefully one or two of our triathletes lurk on here and can thank them all for the season they've had and say they're doing us all proud.

Currently in our trophy cabinet in no particular order....

.Ironman World Champion
Lucy Charles-Barclay

.World Triathlon Championship Series Winner
Beth Potter

.Superleague Championship Series Winner
Kate Waugh

.Olympic Silver Medalist
Georgia Taylor-Brown

.Ironman World Champion
Sam Laidlow (we all know he's British)

.Olympic Silver Medalist
Alex Yee

Olympic Mixed Triathlon Relay Gold Medalists.
Jonny Brownlee/Alex Yee/Jess Learnmoth/Georgia Taylor-Brown

Keep up the amazing work 👏 🇬🇧
Quote Reply
Re: British Triathlon Ruling The Waves [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you start drinking early ...

i guess for the females you are very right there is no question the uk is world leading. at the top and in depth.
for males a nation that will not even get 3 males to the olympics and zero podiums in at 70.3 or ironman for quite a while. you are drowing in dinghy
alex yee the only real world class male triathlete the uk has. i dont think the uk has performed that poorly for many many years iam inclined to think it could be 2007 but even than there was still tim don will clark in ttu so i guess it might be even longer. but i cant honestly think when was the last time the uk had only one top world class athlete it might have even been before you imported australiens and south africans, such as lessing, jones ,cave ,dilon etc etc
Quote Reply
Re: British Triathlon Ruling The Waves [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current Ironman World Champion, and Alex Yee on his day is the best Oly distance athlete (easily favourite for the Paris Gold) Current Silver Medalist.

With a supporting cast of the Brownlee brothers and Joe Skipper.

I'd put them all against any country's five best men right now!
Quote Reply
Re: British Triathlon Ruling The Waves [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should’ve stayed with athletic brewing…

UK is for me on the same top level as France and Germany. They’ve clearly got the podium, I just can’t decide the order.

- UK having the spectrum in long, mid and short, but no real depth.

- Germany having Lange, Haug and Philipp in long, all 70.3 WC men podium but no real short distance threats.

- France has strong LD men (SL + 3 others in IM WC top10), and super strong and deep short course pack (men and women), but no real mid distance guns.

After the podium we probably have USA.
Quote Reply