Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Málaga Age Group World Championships Oct 2024
Quote | Reply
So i have qualified for the age group world championships in Málaga in Oct 2024. I know it's a year away, but i was wondering if anyone had any insights on logistics. The only thing i can guess is an ocean swim with transition off one of the beaches near the port.
Quote Reply
Re: Málaga Age Group World Championships Oct 2024 [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Malaga has a very decent airport with frequent flights from all over Europe and a high speed train just a few hours from Madrid. Then it's surroundings are a favourite holiday destination, so plenty of places to stay with lots of availability in October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A very minor point: Malaga is a sea city, not an ocean one. (North American posters will often call the Mediterranean Sea an “ocean”). Which may have practical implications, I guess, weather depending.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there was a para world cup in malaga today and one would assume the swim venue will be used for the age group race next year the bike course will likely be elongaded to be one 20 k loop . no guarantee but a good likely hood.
Quote Reply
Re: Málaga Age Group World Championships Oct 2024 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was also a SuperSprint race with many elite triathletes of the country.
The race will be held in the harbour area , so the best logistics is to book accommodation in town .
Malaga has international airport , many direct arrivals from Europe and also from NY , Montreal and Middle East.

I live in the area , happy to help anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Málaga Age Group World Championships Oct 2024 [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
A very minor point: Malaga is a sea city, not an ocean one. (North American posters will often call the Mediterranean Sea an “ocean”). Which may have practical implications, I guess, weather depending.

hmmm.... I've been surrounded by North Americans my whole life and have never once heard anyone refer to the Mediterranean as an ocean.
Quote Reply
Re: Málaga Age Group World Championships Oct 2024 [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
kajet wrote:

hmmm.... I've been surrounded by North Americans my whole life and have never once heard anyone refer to the Mediterranean as an ocean.

It doesn't really matter , ocean or mediterranean side (both hold many local triathlons) can get equally rough. Even water temperature it's very similar in Marbella to "ocean" .
October is usually very windy.
Quote Reply