Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM California roll call [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This post did not age well, LOL. Starting to think that this race is cursed by the weather gods. Sac just can't win!
Immense props to the volunteers and race staff who stuck it out through the epic rain to support us, especially once it got dark. They are the true heroes of the day! I finished about 7pm and the finish line buzz was basically a total wash-out, so that was quite a bummer, especially for the many many first-timers and their support crews.

My Garmin stats:
3930 yards on the swim, so maybe a bit short. Swam moderate effort and came out in 43:31. Was 51:41 last year on similar fitness, and am normally a 1:05-1:07 IM swimmer.
111.99 miles on the bike. C'mon, Ironman! You shorted me on that ride! ;)
26.52m on the run, and the run course mile markers were consistently about 0.5m off right from the get-go.
Quote Reply
Re: IM California roll call [im_beav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run course is 26.5 on my watch. Every mile markers is off by .5mile
I also got 119.9 on the bike. It is ok I guess.
Last edited by: uva0224: Oct 24, 23 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: IM California roll call [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uva0224 wrote:
Run course is 26.5 on my watch. Every mile markers is off by .5mile
I also got 119.9 on the bike. It is ok I guess.

I am laughing at the +.5 on the run everyone is getting, me included. I mean, there are three short out and backs in the last 3 miles LOL. I figured it would be to the meter. I don't use laps on the run, so I had no idea what the individual splits were, other than the first one seemed to be really long, after that I lost track as I didn't really care.

Swim, I guess they are stuck with a certain entry and certain exit so 3900 it is. I mean it's already 30% faster so what's another couple hundred yards knocked off?
Last edited by: ChrisM: Oct 24, 23 11:54
Quote Reply
Re: IM California roll call [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My garmin does give me mile laps on the run and it was madding to have my watch tell me another mile ticked off but then have to wait minutes before seeing the next mile marker!

Bike and swim were close enough, IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: IM California roll call [Vapor Trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vapor Trail wrote:
My garmin does give me mile laps on the run and it was madding to have my watch tell me another mile ticked off but then have to wait minutes before seeing the next mile marker!

Bike and swim were close enough, IMO.

Same. About 18 miles someone asked the guy next to me if their watch was off and about 7 of us had a good laugh/cry.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply

Prev Next