Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sick during build phase
Quote | Reply
I thought I planned a pretty stellar season this year. I raced IM placid, 70.3 and will be finishing up with IM Florida November 4th. Because of the timing of 70.3 NY I missed out on some longer workouts . My longest being a 3:30bike/1hrbrick on Sept 10th. Now I am supposed to be building and I've been sick. I've managed some of the hour long workouts here and there but nothing in great length. I'm looking back at all the past races and builds I've done and usually I am putting in significant days at this point. I am trying to come up with a schedule to catch up.
Between now and the race (27 days) how many long rides and runs should I try and get in without overdoing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Sick during build phase [Bumblebeetuna96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey tuna - sorry you have been sick.

i don't know how sick you have been or what level you are at and your fitness, but i err on the side of taking it easy on getting sick. put the race in the can and come back next year.

id just try to get back into good heatlh.

but if you are back in good health try something different with your race - bike 30-40watts under your race pace and try to neg split your run.

don't put pressure on yourself, dont play catch up, dont dig yourself into a hole, don't compare this prep to another as you are sick. i had an event i had been gearing up for about 4-6 months and got sick fortnight out. I put the event in the can and come back next year. for me the event itself dont mean that much - more about smelling the roses / the shit along the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Sick during build phase [Bumblebeetuna96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t play catch up. You will be fine. It takes awhile to lose fitness. Hope you feel better soon.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply