Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why did my Garmin 965 consider my 70.3 today “Movement”?
Quote | Reply
I used my new Garmin 965 today in Memphis at the 70.3.

I simply went to the triathlon activity and just before the swim start hit; START. I heard the watch beep every 500 yards as I sent it for; I heard it beep and vibrate every 5K on the bike as I set it for and it counted all 20K of the run - 1k at a time with splits and everything.

All good.

But when Garmin connect, connected nothing shows up in Training Peaks or Strava. Garmin says it considers this ‘movement’ and has the times all correct but is greyed-out and doesn’t show up as an activity.

Why is this? I never had this issue w any Garmin previously and even had Memphis as an upcoming race in the watch settings as well.

Any thoughts?
Thanks…
Quote Reply
Re: Why did my Garmin 965 consider my 70.3 today “Movement”? [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this happen with my 955 at Augusta recently. The watch detected movement automatically as it should, but your FIT file probably had an issue and isn’t uploading to Connect.

Seems like GPS signal dropping out can sometimes cause the file on the watch to get messed up and it won’t automatically upload. Maybe there are other causes but that seems to be a common one.

I downloaded the file to my laptop then ran it through https://www.fitfiletools.com and manually uploaded it to Connect. Since I have TP fed from Garmin, once the event got to Garmin it flowed through to TrainingPeaks.
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Oct 7, 23 19:36
Quote Reply