Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory
Quote | Reply
A good all year motivator.... 18k gets you gold. 3-4 of us on track to hit the "Big Kahuna" title = 20k points

https://training.eric-jensen.org/challenges/list
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this challenge

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I show 5 on track for gold. Strong work, everyone. You are amazing.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
I show 5 on track for gold. Strong work, everyone. You are amazing. -Eric

Eric - Minor technical correction: actually the top 5 are on track for the "Big Kahuna" (20,000 points) and then the next 4 on track for the gold medal (18,000).
Cheer, Eric The Swimming. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:

Eric - Minor technical correction: actually the top 5 are on track for the "Big Kahuna" (20,000 points) and then the next 4 on track for the gold medal (18,000).

Turns out the implications of Eric The Swimming are way less worse. 😂😂

-E
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:

With 12 weeks left in the year, I think I have a chance to hit a 1000km swim year. Have not done that since before Covid19. and if I can jog 40km per week get to 2000km jogging. It feels doable. The wildcard on swimming is how many days in the pool I miss on account of biz travel, but then it becomes easier to run more. Largely my program is pretty simple. Swim 60-90 min per day. Jog 20-45 min per day. Lower volume swim days result in higher volume run days. Will get on the trainer sporadically on days I can't get to the pool. Still planning to do the 10,000m IM set to close off the year. Not sure I can get back to the 25x400IM. I did that twice (once SCM, once LCM). Likely end up doing the 50x200IM SCM. Who else is in?
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 7, 23 18:36
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:

With 12 weeks left in the year, I think I have a chance to hit a 1000km swim year. Have not done that since before Covid19. and if I can jog 40km per week get to 2000km jogging. It feels doable. The wildcard on swimming is how many days in the pool I miss on account of biz travel, but then it becomes easier to run more. Largely my program is pretty simple. Swim 60-90 min per day. Jog 20-45 min per day. Lower volume swim days result in higher volume run days. Will get on the trainer sporadically on days I can't get to the pool. Still planning to do the 10,000m IM set to close off the year. Not sure I can get back to the 25x400IM. I did that twice (once SCM, once LCM). Likely end up doing the 50x200IM SCM. Who else is in?

Dev - I've just never been a fan of super big workouts like your 10,000 m IM b/c they just wear me out too much and I don't get back to normal swimming for like a week or so. I'd rather just have a steady diet of moderate swims, runs, and bikes. So, I'm going to have to pass on the 10,000 IM. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:

Dev - I've just never been a fan of super big workouts like your 10,000 m IM b/c they just wear me out too much and I don't get back to normal swimming for like a week or so. I'd rather just have a steady diet of moderate swims, runs, and bikes. So, I'm going to have to pass on the 10,000 IM. :)

The steady volume is the lead up to the 10,000IM....then we can party like it's 1999!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 13 - 3 have entered gold trophy territory [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:

The steady volume is the lead up to the 10,000IM....then we can party like it's 1999!!!

Do you, a tech startup guy, actually "party"??? I just kind of find it hard to imagine but, OTOH, you were in Canadian Air Force for X years so you prob learned how to drink there. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The version of my party is go to a half IM or a swim meet or a mega set. Maybe ice cream afterwards . Alcohol has not been in the rotation since 2002 and no beer since 1992.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
The version of my party is go to a half IM or a swim meet or a mega set. Maybe ice cream afterwards . Alcohol has not been in the rotation since 2002 and no beer since 1992.

Ah I see, I don't drink much myself but I have averaged about 1.5 beers/week over the past 37 years. My beers/wk have been going down over the past 10-12 years; right now I have had 19 beers so far this year. I could not drink at all but I like to drink a little just to show that I can control it. :)

Quote Reply