Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydrocortisone PED?
Quote | Reply
I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and we were talking about hydrocortisone use. We couldn’t find an answer so I thought I come here. Is topical/suppository hydrocortisone used for sores and such actually performance enhancing or is it just banned because there’s no real way in testing to distinguish between it and a corticosteroid that is used for performance?

Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
WAE Clothing
Youtube
Last edited by: csb146: Oct 6, 23 10:25
Quote Reply
Re: Hydrocortisone PED? [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per WADA:

Quote:
All glucocorticoids are prohibited when administered by any injectable, oral [including oromucosal (e.g. buccal, gingival, sublingual)] or rectal route.
[..]

Quote:
Other routes of administration (including inhaled, and topical: dental-intracanal, dermal, intranasal, ophthalmological, otic and perianal) are not prohibited when used within the manufacturer’s licensed doses and therapeutic indications.

A minor point, but topical use is not prohibited while suppository is. I'm not going to answer the rest of your question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
csb146 wrote:
I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and we were talking about hydrocortisone use. We couldn’t find an answer so I thought I come here. Is topical/suppository hydrocortisone used for sores and such actually performance enhancing or is it just banned because there’s no real way in testing to distinguish between it and a corticosteroid that is used for performance?

I feel like maybe I should add that I’m not fishing for info about boosting my own performance. I know asking questions like this might seem suspect but it’s just out of curiosity. It came up because we were talking about the old Armstrong positive test that he back dated the TUE for hydrocortisone for. My mid pack local triathlon finishes aren’t that important to me, haha .

Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
WAE Clothing
Youtube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great resource here. Just look up your medication/supplement, by country, & see if it's banned or not. Looks legal to me. The drug, itself, says banned in competition in the US. But the creams aren't. Everything I clicked on said it was fine out of competition.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydrocortisone PED? [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is beta alanine legal in competition?
Link isn’t working
Quote Reply
Re: Hydrocortisone PED? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to click a link in the top left corner that took me to a previous page and made the link work. Didn't see beta alanine on there, at least in the US.
Quote Reply