Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road bike
Quote | Reply
I’m looking to pick up a road bike. Getting tired of only having a tri bike and want to be able to mix it up on outdoor rides and have a road bike to use when I want.

Any recommendations for a decent bike in the $2,500 - $3,000 range? Doesn’t necessarily need to be new.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike [Thissucks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant TCR is a great bike. Fantastic bang for your buck compared to other brands. Giant actually does the manufacturing for a lot of brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it was me: I'd go with a new high-end aluminum bike and Ultegra (or 105) group at this price point.

You'll get more bang for your buck than with low-end carbon in terms of performance, road feel, and overall value (eg, wheels, cockpit, etc).

Trek Émonda ALR
Spec Allez
Cannondale CAAD13

Going used at this price point wont get you as good a deal as new, unless you're buying from a friend at a discount.
And going new: you'll get latest and greatest 12spd electronic groups.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Oct 6, 23 7:07
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If either of these are your size, these are some great deals right here.
I have no affiliation with this shop...

https://tenafly-bicycle-workshop-658866.shoplightspeed.com/...shimano-ultegra.html

https://tenafly-bicycle-workshop-658866.shoplightspeed.com/...38502&quantity=1

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would get a gravel bike that can serve as a road bike. The all road bike if you will. Go ahead and get some 28 tires for the days you stay on the tarmac. You will probably find that you end up using those 28's less than you think and leave the larger tires on the bike for comfort and off-tarmac fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd choose a disc brakes road bike (not pure aero, something aero endurance or endurance) with wide tire clearance (at least 32) so that you can use on the occasional gravel by swapping tyres or wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philly1x wrote:
Trek Émonda ALR

Those new Emonda ALR's look sick.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
I would get a gravel bike that can serve as a road bike. The all road bike if you will. Go ahead and get some 28 tires for the days you stay on the tarmac. You will probably find that you end up using those 28's less than you think and leave the larger tires on the bike for comfort and off-tarmac fun.

+1 Best thing if you can only afford one or the other would be two wheelsets for a gravel bike: one for road and the other for off-road.

I believe this year I only have about 100 miles on my tri-bike and that is all racing. The other 6000 is probably a 60/40 split between gravel and road.

The tri-bike is the fastest bike in the stable but I'm all about comfort and enjoyment now days.
Quote Reply