Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 7 Disc eTap vs 8 Disc Di2
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I have to decide between bike as the subject line. 7 is around 2k USD cheaper.

7 with Rival eTap and DT Swiss ARC 1600 62/62
8 with Ultegra Di2 and DT Swiss ARC 1400 62/80

If I go with 7 eTap I will definitely change the crankset to Force D2 crank + Red Aero chainring (front derailleur out).
If I go with 8 Di I will change the chainring to Rotor Aero round ring.

The other difference are wheels. I'm wondering if there is a sense to pay more for 8 and have ARC 1400 if I want ot buy rear aero disc anyway. In that case I would leave the front wheel as it is.
If I would go with 7 I need to buy the same aero disc and in addition better front wheel (ARC 1100, ARC 1400 or something similar).

Any advices? Which solution would better? It keeps me awake at night! :D
Thanks!
Last edited by: LukaszP: Sep 30, 23 10:11
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 7 Disc eTap vs 8 Disk Di2 [LukaszP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you intend to keep 1x only, then I’d go with SLX 7. In fact, I had this bike and I upgraded to Red AXS 1x Aero 50t. Works brilliantly with a 10-33 cassette. You get hell of a bike for not THAT much.

I eventually sold the bike for 2 reasons: 1) there wasn’t too much use for the 1x bike where I live, maybe apart from races where you’re OK to push. 2) I had a chance to buy another limited color scheme, so I changed.

The arc1600 aren’t bad. They’re just 100-200g heavier than their arc1100 or arc1600 equivalents. Plus the arc1400 have some special hubs, aerodynamically almost the same. Put on a table the money investment vs. the benefits. If it was only the front and you’re ok with 62mm front, I’d not bother.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 7 Disc eTap vs 8 Disk Di2 [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks for answer.
I also consider complete Force crankset 50/37, but I'm not sure if the small ring is really needed in my region. I also have another road bike just in case.
BTW which disc wheel do you recommend? I only consider full carbon wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 7 Disc eTap vs 8 Disk Di2 [LukaszP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most probably I won't ever again get a bike with 2x SRAM. 1x SRAM or Shimano 2x will be my choice. Don't have the nerves for the SRAM FD dropping chains.

Disc? I don't have one. If you search through the forum, you'll have: Premier Tactical or Hunt or HED or Super9. It doesn't really matter: they're all within 200g of difference but provide the same aero benefits.
Quote Reply