Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Q Ring Position - Please Double Check Me
Quote | Reply
Greetings,

I've been riding on (road and Tri bike) rotor q rings for almost a decade. I recently acquired a new power meter which required me to disassemble my Tri bike q ring setup and reinstall.

My old PM was circular, with a bolt exactly at the 180degree (from drive side crank) mark and thus I was able to align q ring position 4 180degrees opposite the drive side crank arm per the q ring instructions.

However, my new PM is of a weird shape, almost angled forward for a fast-forward look. There is no longer a bolt at 180degrees (from drive side crank) but there is one perfectly aligned with the crank (zero degrees). Given this, aligning position 4 180degrees opposite the drive side crank arm doesnt work.

My question: it would seem to me that I could align position 4 perfectly in line with the drive side crank so...zero degrees instead of 180degrees and that would have the same positioning as if I did 180degrees. Right? the q ring is the same on both sides so 180degree alignment should equal zero degree alignment?

Am I right?

Thanks!

J

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: Q Ring Position - Please Double Check Me [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even as a long tome Q-ring user I had to read your post twice... As long as you are using either crank for reference you are right it won't matter.

20110203 Q-Ring adaption & setup guide.xlsx (starbike.com)
Quote Reply