Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ?
Quote | Reply
 Anyone know if slots rolled down for men and how. And for women all 2024 Nice slots were allocated?
Last edited by: enricobraglia: Sep 26, 23 7:17
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ? [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't give you exact numbers but I'm pretty sure for the men only like 2 age groups had slots roll and they only rolled 1 deep.

On the women's side, lots of roll downs. No idea how deep some went but at the very end of the women's allocation they did ask if anyone wanted to go they could go up and take a slot (still no takers there either).
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ? [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Can't give you exact numbers but I'm pretty sure for the men only like 2 age groups had slots roll and they only rolled 1 deep.

On the women's side, lots of roll downs. No idea how deep some went but at the very end of the women's allocation they did ask if anyone wanted to go they could go up and take a slot (still no takers there either).

Yeah, I think only a couple of the Men's slots rolled. There were only a few available, at most, in each AG. I got one in 50-54 (I was 3rd), there were three in that AG, and first place passed on his.

On the women's side - they definitely went deep to find takers in almost all AGs. At the end, there were a couple slots left, ie. "Is there any woman still in this room that wants to go to Nice?",,,, and no one was left.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

Yeah, I think only a couple of the Men's slots rolled. There were only a few available, at most, in each AG. I got one in 50-54 (I was 3rd), there were three in that AG, and first place passed on his.

On the women's side - they definitely went deep to find takers in almost all AGs. At the end, there were a couple slots left, ie. "Is there any woman still in this room that wants to go to Nice?",,,, and no one was left.

Nice work!

So when you say there were a couple slots at the end, does that mean it seemed like the vast majority were eventually taken as they reallocated slots from one female AG to another? Or did it seem like every female AG had left over slots and all were rolling to other AGs and at the end there were still plenty?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left before the end, but by the look of it, by the time they got the the 34-39 group, the roll down was going thru whole age groups and there was more men than women left in the room. Hard to sell 100 spots, when less that 300 women finished.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Dan Funk wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

Nice work!

So when you say there were a couple slots at the end, does that mean it seemed like the vast majority were eventually taken as they reallocated slots from one female AG to another? Or did it seem like every female AG had left over slots and all were rolling to other AGs and at the end there were still plenty?

Thank you! They were definitely rolling slots over to other AGs... quite honestly, it was taking so long, started to lose interest and ability to tell where slots were rolling to others. The reality is it was quite clear that Nice was not a super draw for people.

Certainly looked clear to me: power of Kona is still real. Few spots for the men. People snapped up almost immediately.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga slots allocation ? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
Dan Funk wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

Nice work!

Thank you! They were definitely rolling slots over to other AGs... quite honestly, it was taking so long, started to lose interest and ability to tell where slots were rolling to others. The reality is it was quite clear that Nice was not a super draw for people.

Certainly looked clear to me: power of Kona is still real. Few spots for the men. People snapped up almost immediately.

Ya, if IM is going to continue with alternate venues for the WC then they need to cancel the full distance race in that location for a couple years first I think. The fact that it's not Kona, and you can race there already that same year kind of ruins it.

If Lake Placid was cancelled and then 4 years from now brought back as a WC there would be a lot more interest in taking the slots I assume. Makes me think of the full distance St George or Coeur D'alene events. They don't appear to be running those full distance races anymore. So those would make good opportunities to host the IM WC when the Nice rotation is over. No one will have raced them for a few years and it would be the only way to race it again.

It may not have the mystic of Kona, but the fact that the venue would become exclusive would seem to help. IM needs to remind themselves the power of the WC is diminished if the double dip in the same location in the same year. I can only imagine how much smaller the IM Kona event would be if 6 months earlier it hosted a general registration race on the same course.
Quote Reply