Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Sept. 25 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 25 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had houseguests since the 14th. It's been stressful.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 25 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We've had houseguests since the 14th. It's been stressful.

awww I'm sorry. When do they leave? That's a long time to have guests.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 25 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week
healthy coping skills super rough week, 3/7 good days
journal most days yes
PT exercises yes
keep swim a level I can do it every day if I want to yes

I had a really rough week last week for reasons I'm not ready to talk about. I did both some good self care things like telling people "I do not have the capacity to do this right now" (some work stuff that was on a team and other people could actually handle) and some poor unhealthy coping skill self care things. The therapy group I've been with for a month now is helping generally. But super super super stressful things are still a big challenge for me, so that's something to work on.

This week I'm 3/3 so far. Right now I'm in Jasper, AR because my brother and his climbing partner are doing a 24 hour climbing competition that starts at 10 AM tomorrow. They did this last year and I left at twilight to go back to the air b and b to sleep. When I got back at daybreak I felt like there was some fun I'd missed, so my intention this year is to stay up with them as long as I can. I'll bring a sleeping bag and crash in the car if I really can't handle it, or if I am slowing them down. I've never stayed up all night before. I'm nervous about lots of things (the details of which I don't really want to share) but I'm reminding myself that both things are ok - making it all night is ok. Taking care of myself and sleeping is ok too. The real thing here is I'm here to have fun with my sibling and his climbing partner.

Anyway, I think I've shared this has been a super stressful fall, and picking them up at the airport last night and driving to Jasper and being here is exactly what I wanted / needed. It's so good to be with them and be away for a bit. Time w family is so, so precious.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy the time with family; and do what you need to do to make that happen, whether that's getting some sleep or staying up all night!
Quote Reply