Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where exactly is this data from?? I live in Louisville and we definitely did not have 22 days over 100 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Tortuga497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tortuga497 wrote:
Where exactly is this data from?? I live in Louisville and we definitely did not have 22 days over 100 degrees.

I think he posted it from Louisiana. Looks like Nola to me.

My wife signed up for Louisville 70.3 today. She's done the full at least three times as we live an hour south. I'll likely sign up soon. I'm hoping it's as hot as hades. The hotter the better. I hope it's blistering hot that day. Bath water and air as thick as pea soup.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Sub17Project] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did your wife register? Early registration doesn’t start until tomorrow.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send me a DM with your email addy
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [vkanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish they would do the WC 70.3 at the venue before making open to the public. Then they don't have to change the course and athletes can race the same course in the following years. Virginia Blue Ridge 70.3 seemed like it would've been a beautiful WC 70.3 location (minus the train). Maybe after the construction is done they'll do a 70.3 WC before opening it up to the public.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [velorunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velorunner wrote:
I just booked at the Marriot, even though that time of the year is abysmal.

I've done the Olympic tri in Louisville in July and the swim, in addition to having about zero current, was like bath water. The air was nearly drinkable.

About the worst time of the year for a half, yet hard to resist the opportunity.

I booked at both the Marriott and Aloft. I will sort it out later.

Marriott was certainly more expensive.

There’s a boutique Marriott branded Autograph Collection hotel near the Aloft and Marriott that for some reason doesn’t show August 2024 availability yet.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Sep 19, 23 18:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Join the Ironman 70.3 Louisville Kentucky Private Facebook Group. There is a link under the thread 'Registration is now live'.
Last edited by: Sub17Project: Sep 20, 23 1:49
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume the swim course won’t be able to do the “upriver” part of the swim around the island as there won’t be enough distance. More or less a down river swim from around the old swim start.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, I just went to the website. That happened fast! I bet this will sell out.

Not sure if I could convince my northern mountain man of a husband to visit Kentucky in August. He is not a fan of the heat and would hate being my sherpa for that one. He thinks 80F is hot. But gosh I have always wanted to do Louisville.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
vkanders wrote:
Theory: this will be the site of 2025 70.3 worlds

I guess if they can have Chattanooga WC with a largely down river swim, then anythign is possible

I did the new Western Mass 70.3 this past June and it was a down river swim the whole way. They did lengthen it a bit (mostly due to location of swim exit and entrance) so that helped even things out a bit. But the CT river wasn't a super-fast current. I'm leaning on signing up for the newer Maine 70.3 with another down river swim, mostly because it's close to me and I like Maine (will visit coast after race). Looking at results most people were doing around 20 minute or under swims. Now that is a fast current.

Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Tortuga497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is Louisiana - not Louisville. my point being no way (as thread was originally posted) any 70.3 happens in August here.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:

If this sells out, I think it sends a pretty clear message that the sport is trending toward halfs and interest for the fulls are fading. I wonder how many halfs it takes to make up the revenue for losing a full?
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

If this sells out, I think it sends a pretty clear message that the sport is trending toward halfs and interest for the fulls are fading. I wonder how many halfs it takes to make up the revenue for losing a full?

Don't we already know this? Look at the number of 70.3 races vs the number of 140.6 races...................

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TJ56 wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

Don't we already know this? Look at the number of 70.3 races vs the number of 140.6 races...................

Yes I really think 70.3s are going to be the top selling race distance. It's the sweet spot for many of us.

Also the biggest AGs are the older folks (40s to 60s) and many of us are moving more towards the half as opposed to the full. Not everyone but I definitely see a bright future for myself and many of us focusing on 70.3s. The full is just not that sustainable for me on many levels. Plus when I just mentioned IM Wales as the one Ironman I could be convinced to do in 2025 (when I age up to F55-59), my husband shot me down. And he's not wrong. But........

Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Sub17Project] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you please add the link or DM me? I don’t have Facebook.

I’m a Jeffersonville native now in NorCal. Didn’t start doing tri until the 140.6 was discontinued. Have no choice but to do this race.

Sub17Project wrote:
Join the Ironman 70.3 Louisville Kentucky Private Facebook Group. There is a link under the thread 'Registration is now live'.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [mowilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://endurancecui.active.com/new/events/87377013/select-race?error=login_required&state=bee7ba85-cc6c-43d7-bc30-5fe4c13c2b27&_p=3674598994602887&e4q=aa13b628-df5a-4a61-a740-476b38a42079&e4p=1ca960c9-9597-4b8e-a926-f99881929712&e4ts=1695231118&e4c=active&e4e=snawe00000000&e4rt=Safetynet&e4h=7e6f97fa3d3f8611a186aad125f062b7
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They reversed the swim, it was mostly up-river for the WC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up today & used my Hilton points to book a room at the Embassy Suites on 4th Street about a block from the finish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when course maps might be posted?

Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
Louisville in August, after Ohio in late July, and before Madison, Michigan, and Muncie in September. That’s quite a few options for someone in the Midwest.

It was just announced that Muncie is returning to July. So, with Steelhead gone the 70.3 schedule is:

June: Des Moines
July: Muncie + Ohio
August: Louisville
September: Madison (70.3 & 140.6) + Michigan

Throw in Milkman, Door County, Grand Rapids and any other local races I don't know about and it's clear there's a good amount of long-course choice for those of us based in the upper Midwest.
Quote Reply
Re: Louisville 70.3 about to be announced [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw a post that Tier 4 sold out. Not sure what that means in terms of how full the race is, but decided to go ahead and sign up. Looks like most of us can't resist a "new" race on the calendar.

Looking forward to racing in the bluegrass state with some 4th street live action afterwards!

See y'all there!
Quote Reply

Prev Next