Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: World Triathlon Championship Finals - who you got?? [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max Stapley talked about the race on the Triathlon Mockery podcast... he noted that most athletes had been expecting a wetsuit swim and it was suddenly a non-wetsuit swim and that the water felt quite cold. He suggested that Yee struggled a little in the cold in Pontevedra.
Quote Reply
Re: World Triathlon Championship Finals - who you got?? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potter looked like she had a final gear at the end, must be scary for the other women, going to have to bump the thread I did years ago when heard she was crossing over.

Waugh is LEGIT!! (Said about Coldwell at the start of the season) GTB seems to have had personal issues as well as the injury and I just wonder if the unthinkable happens and she doesn't make the squad, she had a terrible start to the season, she needs to come back strong!

Great race that was, I'd love them to come back to this course.
Quote Reply
Re: World Triathlon Championship Finals - who you got?? [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sfjab wrote:
Max Stapley talked about the race on the Triathlon Mockery podcast... he noted that most athletes had been expecting a wetsuit swim and it was suddenly a non-wetsuit swim and that the water felt quite cold. He suggested that Yee struggled a little in the cold in Pontevedra.

Acc to the WT official results page, the water T was 21.3* C, or about 70.3* F, and Yee is a small guy at 145 lb (65.9 kg), so not too surprising that the cold water was prob a bit harder on him than on your 160-170 lb (72.7-77.3 kg) athletes. The cutoff is 20* C (68* F), i.e. the T must be under 20* to wear the wettie in elite races.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: World Triathlon Championship Finals - who you got?? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far Potter has always looked in control on the run
She just goes to the front group, bides her time, and then makes a move.
Even against Cassandra in Paris, she never looked under pressure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next