Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2x BTA Bottle adapter
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I'm looking to add a second bottle between the arms, facing back to back. Does anyone know of any adapters that will convert a single BTA setup into a double? I'm basically looking to add a 2nd bottle behind where I currently have my first bottle. The 2nd bottle doesn't need to carry any weight - it's mostly to fill in the void, much as a bottle down the shirt would do (though if it can carry water weight, I can use it to skip an aid station)

I'm using a Gen 2 Trek Speed Concept, with the BTA bolts being integrated into the frame - so the usual trick of buying 2x generic adapters won't work and I don't have enough room to just zip-tie the 2nd one.

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to create, though I'm looking for the whole system to be pushed further back than TO has. Tim seems to have the same bike as I do now, so there's evidently a solution.

Quote Reply
Re: 2x BTA Bottle adapter [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the King Cage steer cap bottle mount could work well, depending on where the BTA bottle sits, and how you orient your cage on the King Cage mount. (I might have one if you're interested - let me dig around, because you have piqued my curiosity)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2x BTA Bottle adapter [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use this: https://www.amazon.com/...uct_details&th=1

That allows me an extra two bottle cage bolt holes. Then I use this to level the rear-facing bottle: https://profile-design.com/...ts/hsf-bta-wedge-set

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have! I dig this setup a lot. I'll be racing it the first time this weekend at IMMD, but I've done plenty of training sessions on it.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Sep 14, 23 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: 2x BTA Bottle adapter [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two different colored socks?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2x BTA Bottle adapter [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you're poor because you spend all your money on stupid triathlon gear, you gotta scrounge in other areas.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But they come in matching pairs. 🤣

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you angle the back one up due to frame/knee clearance issues or for closing the gap? This is genius.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/5905139
Quote Reply
Re: 2x BTA Bottle adapter [JBalady2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To fill in the space. It definitely helps with knee clearance, but even when it’s all the way down, it doesn’t hit my knee. Plus, it helps keep the bottle in a little better if it’s angled up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the replies. I see a few products similar to this one.

Presumably, I'd need to use the XL version? The 2 slot doesn't look like it would give an extra set of bolt holes, but this one would definitely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that I see how it attaches, I'm going to have to think this one through on how to integrate into my current setup. The trouble though is that I already put my BTA on a fairly high pedestal so that I can get my arms narrow. I can either hide the bottle behind the existing one by creating another pedestal, or I'd need to put the second one lower than the first.

I'm already using the profile design wedges, and these are plastic so I don't think they'd hold a second bottle if I used the bracket on the top wedge, so I'd need to create a bigger pedestal using more wedges. Probably not ideal

If I position the 2nd bottle one lower than the first, I'm not so sure this is more aero than what I already have...

Time to think this one through...

Last edited by: timbasile: Sep 15, 23 8:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be easier AND faster if you just stuff the 2nd bottle down the front of your trisuit as per the recent aero testing suggests.

I'm actually thinking about stuffing TWO bottles down there (the last time I did tried it for a short while, it worked but my thighs were hitting the bottles while pedaling, which was somewhat annoying - but there may be a way to still do it.)
Quote Reply
Re: 2x BTA Bottle adapter [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm already doing that :) This would be to fill in the space below that bottle (so in effect, recreating what you've done with the second bottle)
Last edited by: timbasile: Sep 15, 23 10:20
Quote Reply