Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaved legs is faster or slower than calf sleeves?
Last edited by: jonnyboy1000: Dec 11, 23 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Suisse Side looks pretty interesting HERE with ribs going horizontal not vertical.
Quote Reply
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
The Suisse Side looks pretty interesting HERE with ribs going horizontal not vertical.

The white paper within that link makes me angry. Several pages to start of irrelevant OTT formula and 'science' with spurious detail that adds nothing relevant. And then when it gets to the end lacks data, presents things as misleading. For example the 8watts is the biggest single saving of the 13 tests, with 12 of those showing positive benefits. They do show the average is 4w, but not the standard deviation, nor do they provide any scatter graph of the data.

And if there's 13 readings, max 8 and mean 4 then I'm seeing that sd being close to make that 4w average saving a 50:50 of

Earlier they show and explain at length a frequency chart of speed tests to be used to weight the results. But then don't seem to use that later in the conclusion, or at least don't refer to that.
Quote Reply
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [jonnyboy1000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyboy1000 wrote:
Shaved legs is faster or slower than calf sleeves?
Jim said that he was going to follow-up with a test on that.
Quote Reply
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the very least it sounds like Jim needs to do a 'test off' between the Zoot calf sleeves, Swiss Side calf sleeves & shaved legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be good, then i can decide to invest in some or just another packet of disposable razors
Quote Reply
Re: Jim’s Calf Sleeve Test [jonnyboy1000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or a trimmer....leave 1-2mm of stubble? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually have both the Zoot and Swiss Side calf sleeves. The Swiss Side ones are much longer and cover my entire calf, from above my ankle to right below the head of my tibia. Fitment is great too, just enough compression. The Zoot's aren't as long and are a little tighter towards the top, giving me a bit of a "muffin top".

Another interesting design feature of the Swiss Side sleeves is that while they have horizontal ribbing on the front, they terminate into two long vertical strips towards the back. To my uneducated eyes it looks to trip up the boundary layer of air as it flows around your calf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bjgwoody wrote:
At the very least it sounds like Jim needs to do a 'test off' between the Zoot calf sleeves, Swiss Side calf sleeves & shaved legs.
One must not forget the upside-down chevron.
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...erformance_4255.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next