Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emailed USAT this week.

"...details are being finalized and will be announced shortly...."

Seems really late in the year to have not even confirmed the location...no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact the PTO hasn't released their schedule yet either
Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [laseranimal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [laseranimal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally confirmed - Atlantic City Sep 13, 2024 - Sep 15, 2024

https://www.usatriathlon.org/get-racing/2024-nationals
Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [IronNH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronNH wrote:
Finally confirmed - Atlantic City Sep 13, 2024 - Sep 15, 2024

https://www.usatriathlon.org/...acing/2024-nationals

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, had no idea that IM Atlantic City 70.3 is now discontinued. Really enjoyed that race.

https://www.ironman.com/im703-atlantic-city
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny story - I talked to some of the Delmo staff at AC 70.3 this year. They said that when it was initially announced as AC for 2024, no one had reached out to Delmo at all. I mean, maybe he will be the RD maybe he won’t, but you don’t try and put on a race south of the NJ Turnpike without talking to Delmo….

Last edited by: IKnowEverything: Oct 25, 23 12:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronNH wrote:
Also, had no idea that IM Atlantic City 70.3 is now discontinued. Really enjoyed that race.

https://www.ironman.com/im703-atlantic-city

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically AG Nats is “RD’d” by their in house RD staff. I’m sure they consult/plan w PTB who are local etc.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DelMo already sending out the emails to register for AC Tri as the perfect training race for AG Nats.

Man, if it's going to be the same course as AC Tri, that's a little blah. I guess not much you can do down there.

And that bike course is only 22 miles. Is that good for AG Nats, or will they have to find the 3 miles or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No they’re going to have to standardize the bike courses to 20k and 40k somehow. AC Tri is 11 and 22 - not sure how that’s going to be accomplished tbh given the location.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [Greg17815] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy, they’ll just extend the course down the AC expressway a bit, and add a bit more in AC. Possibly put some distance into Pleasantville or Absecon off one of the exits. The stature of the race should help get those extra permits cleared.

The city commission of AC has been pushing sporting events really hard the last few years here - US Indoor Rowing champs, etc. The area is dying, and they’re willing to flex to inject some business into the area.

Now, I haven’t done a race at the boardwalk (whether it’s tri AC or AC 70.3) without having to dodge or almost shoulder check an inebriated boardwalk bum. Boardwalk traffic is going to be the big problem to solve.

Re: USAT AG Nationals 2024 location? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any real problems racing on the boardwalk since he was able to rope it off a little bit.

It was crazy a few years ago when all he had were signs saying "Race in Progress" and the boardwalk was a free for all.

I think it's much better now

Anyway, I'm not sure about extending the expressway. The next exit is the GSP. I don't see that happening.

The next exit after that is Delilah Road which is almost 5 miles up from the normal Tri AC exit., so that's be 10 miles round trip.......just to the original course....too much.
Last edited by: bulldog15: Oct 27, 23 4:48
Quote Reply

Prev Next