Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Dealers in/around DC
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a shop that sells Cervelos in the DC area. I know Bonzai has them, but I have heard mixed reviews about them. I believe Big Wheel Bikes, which has a couple of locations, sells them as well. I am on the fence about P2C vs. P3C and would like to get the one that fits me better, not the one a shop would prefer to sell me. I would be willing to drive a little if it meant finding a stellar shop. Thanks.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dealers in/around DC [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't write off Bonzai. I have had good experiences with them. Give them a try and see for yourself rather than writing them off because of internet reviews. They've been in business longer than most shops in the D.C. area so they are doing something right!! Good luck in your search.

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out All American Bikes in Damascus MD. I bought my Soloist from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dealers in/around DC [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second the Bonzai recommendation. I don't have personal experience shopping there, and have heard probably some of the same mixed reviews. But I know Frank P. (who works there now) very well, and recommend him very highly. I used to work with him at the shop where I work - great on fit and a great mechanic - and will defininitely be straight with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big Wheel definitely sells Cervelos - I don't know if they have any P2Cs anywhere, though. I bought my soloist from them, and they're good guys to work with. Very cool about doing tune-up work.

I have the feeling they don't know much about fitting bikes, though. I would not hesitate to buy from them if you know what you want.. but since you do not, get fit somewhere else. Even if they don't sell Cervelo - find your numbers, then buy from Big Wheel, if you're so inclined. They don't stock much for parts to do swaps anyway, so you'd have to pay full retail on new bars or stems or saddles if the stock ones don't fit - not an ideal situation when buying such expensive gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my P2SL from Bike Doctor of Arnold (out here in Annapolis). I have been very happy with their service.

--
"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it is too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

for athletes http://athleticlog.org/
for nerds http://rogercortesi.com/eqn/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you feel like driving a bit, I like the guys at TriSpeed (http://www.tri-speed.com/home.htm). They are just north of Baltimore off of I-83. They are nice, no BS, no pressure, and have P2Cs, P3Cs, Soloist Carbons, and R3s in the store (I was there this weekend). They fit my bike (Litespeed) to me and I have no complaints. I bought my wetsuit at Bonzai a few years ago and had a good experience there, but a wetsuit isn't a bike.
Quote Reply