Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2023 Canyon Aeroroad bike stack and reach??
Quote | Reply
So I'm getting an itch to get a aero road bike and was looking at the Canyon Aeroroad. I have a Speedmax CFR small and a Cervelo R5 54 with S/R of 548/380. Anyways the Canyon site suggested that I needed a XS which has a S/R of 521/ 378. The S has a S/R of 539/390. Are aero road bikes supposed to have a different stack and reach numbers compared to a regular climbing bike?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Canyon Aeroroad bike stack and reach?? [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big selling claim from Canyon was, that the new Ultimate and Aeroad have a very similar geometry, so that a rider can switch on a regular basis.

If you have Speedmax CFR in size S, take the Aeroad in S. Canyon's S is the equivalent of size 54.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Canyon Aeroroad bike stack and reach?? [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
So I'm getting an itch to get a aero road bike and was looking at the Canyon Aeroroad. I have a Speedmax CFR small and a Cervelo R5 54 with S/R of 548/380. Anyways the Canyon site suggested that I needed a XS which has a S/R of 521/ 378. The S has a S/R of 539/390. Are aero road bikes supposed to have a different stack and reach numbers compared to a regular climbing bike?

Old lungs,

The difference between a climbing bike and an aero bike probalby has more to do with weight than geometry. Your prefered bike position (aka fit) should be replicated across your road bikes.

I think you're off to a good start. You have a current bike (upon which I assume you like the fit) and that bike has a Stack of 548 and Reach of 380. Well the size small Canyon Aeroroad has a Stack of 539 and a Reach of 390. That's the closest. Now you need your "front end configuration": #of spacers between stem and top of head tube, stem length, stem pitch, and bar reach.

The cockpit on the Aeroroad (CP00018) is a 90mm stem with a 39cm wide bar. I don't know bar curve. I think there's only 15mm of spacer height capable under it.

So it becomes a bit of a math problem to work back what you have now and how you have to tweak the front end to get the hoods to arrive at the same spot.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Canyon Aeroroad bike stack and reach?? [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing to consider: Canyon measures stack and stack+ separately. One of those is with their methodology, which is to the top of the bar instead of to the mid-hoods, like a market consensus seems to be.

I’d take S nonetheless. I don’t know anybody around me or in my tri club, that would ride a different size of Speedmax Disc and Aeroad/Ultimate (all new models considered, older Aeroad and Ultimate were a bit different sized).
Quote Reply