Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale Bike Experts/Bike Repair Help
Quote | Reply
I've got a Cannondale Ironman 2000, (2003 frame). I've got it all put together except for derailleur wiring. C-dale attached a small black plastic cable guide to be used below the bottom bracket, as a cable guide. Its a snap on, proprietary guide I think. All my other bikes take the shimano derailleur cable guide, 4 mm screw, which most bikes have and you screw on the cable guide below your bottom bracket and that sucker is on there.

This freaking thing, although it snaps on, will come off as I move the bike around. I haven't put tension on the guide with the wires to see if that wire tension will hold the cable guide in place.

I've got a bad feeling this is going to be a problem. That it snap out and start moving back toward the rear.

Question Will that hole take a short screw and can I still use the shimano guide but just find a different screw? It certainly won't take a 4 mm screw and I've tried every size screw in the garage.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Bike Experts/Bike Repair Help [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a C dealer I've seen a lot of these come in that don't quite "fit". The hole isnt tapped so a screw (of any size) won't fit unless you really want to take the time to do that. The best solution we use around the shop is 3M double sided tape between the guide and the frame. Notch one side of the tab of with a razor knife, insert it into the untapped hole after applying the tape. Run your cables and everything will hold in place just fine. Check the tape when you clean the bike and replace as needed. I hope this helps.

Ladera Cyclery...Gone but not forgotten..
F.I.S.T. Certified, UBI Trained Mechanic
Quote Reply