Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Darimo T1 Loop Seatpost - Good? Bad?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience with the Darimo Seatpost with the Dyneema loops?
Do they work well? Do they work as well as a regular seat post clamp?
Is it difficult to install? To make adjustments?
Any other thoughts/comments?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Darimo T1 Loop Seatpost - Good? Bad? [rd220] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Work fine. But a pain to install and adjust. Decent weight saving, only reason to buy it is for the weight, but really not sure it's worth the cost and hassle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two, they have worked well. My standard 26.2 round one has been flawless for several years. The aero one that matches my Ostro could be a mm thicker, it has to be carbon pasted. The clamp takes a moment to figure out, but I’ve definitely experienced more frustrating traditional design clamps.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one on my fat bike. The dynema threads do stretch and for several rides my saddle came loose. Now they seem to have stretched as much as they are going to so I have not had to retighten them for several months. I only use the fat in the snow and on trail. I've done a few mtg trips on it and no issue. I'm going on a week long MTB trip the end of this month. The post has been on my bike for about 1.5 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one but dyneema threads are eating into carbon rails. Darimo says do not tighten it more than 3Nm to prevent this phenomenon but it occurs at 2.8Nm too

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Darimo T1 Loop Seatpost - Good? Bad? [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
I have one but dyneema threads are eating into carbon rails. Darimo says do not tighten it more than 3Nm to prevent this phenomenon but it occurs at 2.8Nm too

I went and looked at one of mine because I was curious, no sign that the threads are eating into the rails in my case.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darimo T1 Loop seatpost at 400mm for 31.6mm post is 90g.

The Gemini Alask lightweight option is listed at 93.5g for 400mm and 27.2mm (they offer all diameters). With a normal, clamp with large surface area.

I've seen people state that their Gemini mtb handlebars are significantly stiffer/less flex than the Darimo equivalent. I think Gemini might be the pinnacle of carbon manufacturing (up there with Unno, and I believe they have a relationship; both in Barcelona).

https://ridegemini.com/en/alsak_/

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply