Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PRFour front brake routing
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone

I picked up a PRFour frameset in a sale and I’ve been building it up

I’m struggling to get the cable routing on the front brake through. I got the cable up through the fork and into the base bars, but in order to fit the usual 1m front brake cable I had to make the angles very tight and now the inner cable won’t go through

Does anyone have a PRFour and could post some pictures of how their brake is routed?
Quote Reply
Re: PRFour front brake routing [glenjamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had similar issues on my x-pr. I ended up routing the inner cable with the basebar removed from the stem to get rid of the tight bend between the basebar and stem. Once the inner cable was through, I then put tue basebar in the stem and tightened it.
Quote Reply
Re: PRFour front brake routing [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
I had similar issues on my x-pr. I ended up routing the inner cable with the basebar removed from the stem to get rid of the tight bend between the basebar and stem. Once the inner cable was through, I then put tue basebar in the stem and tightened it.

oh! that's a great idea - i'll give that a go
Quote Reply
Re: PRFour front brake routing [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that question, to remove the basebar to swap stems, do I undo the cable at the brake lever or the caliper? I hate bringing my bike to the shop to adjust my stem height as I am dialing in my position.
Quote Reply
Re: PRFour front brake routing [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davegibb26.2 wrote:
On that question, to remove the basebar to swap stems, do I undo the cable at the brake lever or the caliper? I hate bringing my bike to the shop to adjust my stem height as I am dialing in my position.
I would take it off the caliper and out of the fork. But its up to you what you think is easier.
Quote Reply