Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Jack Kelly finally drop to the lowest point possible? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
davegibb26.2 wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Very worthwhile latest podcast with Skye Moench.

Yep, one of his best yet. Very interesting to hear her talk about her issues with previous coach over her weight. She should have canned his ass a lot sooner.

I listened to Skye on Talking Triathlon and she was amazing. I think this was a product of the guest as opposed to the host.

Talking Triathlon is Tim Ford, and his latest podcast is with Taylor Spivey. Jack Kelly's called The Triathlon Hour.

She was on Talking Triathlon with Tim Ford in August...you should check it out!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Jack Kelly finally drop to the lowest point possible? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
piratetri wrote:
Bravo to Skye for sharing her story. It's great to see athletes opening up about weight and disordered eating within sport.
Her 'weight-shaming' coach was Australian Cameron Watt, from the Sutton school. She kept him as her coach from 2018 to end 2022, including her excellent first IM World Champs result with a 4th at St George (behind Ryf, Matthews and Haug). The other aspect that struck me was Watt's style to give Moench her training programme max a couple of days ahead. Which seems to me to be a 'controlling' behaviour. Moench noted that, reflecting on her current 2023 coaching experience, she can now actually plan her life ahead as opposed to depending on a daily session set revealed at the last moment.
Does Cameron Watt coach any other decent athletes? Will the women, or indeed the men, he coaches reveal 'Me too!'? Or are they all happy sylphs?
She's now coached by @DTD (otp) with great results in 2023.

Was Cameron watt the same guy who abused Callum millward for his weight during a race?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Jack Kelly finally drop to the lowest point possible? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
piratetri wrote:
Bravo to Skye for sharing her story. It's great to see athletes opening up about weight and disordered eating within sport.
Her 'weight-shaming' coach was Australian Cameron Watt, from the Sutton school.
Does Cameron Watt coach any other decent athletes? Will the women, or indeed the men, he coaches reveal 'Me too!'? Or are they all happy sylphs?
She's now coached by @DTD (otp) with great results in 2023.

Was Cameron watt the same guy who abused Callum millward for his weight during a race?
Yes, and this is being discussed in the Skye thread to which Millward has contributed.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread See also Sarah Crowley and AVO. I assume Watt has a band of happy, thin, controlled amateurs in his training group now, no pros(?).
Quote Reply
Re: Did Jack Kelly finally drop to the lowest point possible? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
I assume Watt has a band of happy, thin, controlled amateurs in his training group now, no pros(?).

HOW DARE YOU

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next