Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Stolen (Cervelo P3C 2008 CSC with Ventus II LTD, Philadelphia)
Quote | Reply
Hello Slowtwitchers,

I just had my track/tt Cervelo P3C 2008 stolen out of my garage in Philadelphia. It was still in the bike box in the garage since I moved here a few months ago. It is pictured below. If anyone happens to see it (or something that appears to be it) come up for sale, I'd love it if you'd let me know.

Cervelo P3C 51cm 2008 CSC livery (Red/Black/Silver) with Red 3T Funda Pro fork
3T Ventus II LTD aerobars (basebar only: Extensions and pads were not attached and the thief didn't grab them)
Simkins Egg front brake (black)
Rotor Vegast track crank 165mm
60mm generic carbon wheels. Rear is built with a track hub.

One other thing to note: They didn't take the saddle (dash) and seatpost. So if they are trying to offload it quickly, they will probably try to sell it without the seatpost.

I built this bike up over a couple years with lots of help, advice (and lots of parts) from people here. It broke my heart when I found it had been stolen. Anyone who can help, you'd have my deepest appreciation and I'd be happy to donate to a charity of your choice as thanks!

Stay safe out there,
Ben

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Stolen (Cervelo P3C 2008 CSC with Ventus II LTD, Philadelphia) [BudhaSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck. Maybe cross post in the Classifieds forum, those folks will be more likely to be lurking on other sites looking for cycling gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Stolen (Cervelo P3C 2008 CSC with Ventus II LTD, Philadelphia) [BudhaSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your bike. Check with all the local bike shops to see if anyone has brought it in to see what's it worth. Bring them a flyer with this picture and serial number and your phone number. Don't let them post the info in their shop, just give it to them for behind the counter.

Also put a want to buy add for a triathlon bike (Trek, Cervelo, Felt..etc) on your local craigslist, market place..etc and see if anyone tries to sell you your bike back.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Stolen (Cervelo P3C 2008 CSC with Ventus II LTD, Philadelphia) [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keep a twice a day look out on facebook market place, offer up, and craigslist. the bike also maybe parted out
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Stolen (Cervelo P3C 2008 CSC with Ventus II LTD, Philadelphia) [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
the bike also maybe parted out

People in Philadelphia murdered a robot, and took its head

https://www.phillymag.com/...hia-killed-hitchbot/

A bicycle doesn't stand a chance, sorry

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply