Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMD - where to stay?
Quote | Reply
This is my first Ironman. There are a few AirBnBs close to the venue (at an insane price). There are still a few rooms left at the host hotel (which is a few miles from the race).

Suggestions? Should I stay elsewhere? Will I be missing a ton if I stay off site? My wife will be sherpa-ing that morning, so race morning logistics will be a bit easier than if I was solo.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD - where to stay? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people stay out of town as there isn't a lot available in Cambridge. Easton is fine to get to and from before and on race day (if anything is still available.) Salisbury is another good option.

If you have the patience, you could also wait until a couple of weeks before the race and as people start dropping out, you can pick up their reservations in town.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Hyatt is very expensive on race week, but great option if you can spend the money.
It gets booked very quickly, but typically people cancel 2 weeks before the race and you can find room.
Otherwise, as noted there are towns around within 45-minute drive with cheap motels.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD - where to stay? [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Salisbury if Easton is booked up. The drive is pretty easy b/t Salisbury and Cambridge, especially so early in the morning on race day. Good luck and have fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was happy with my stay in Salisbury last year

'22 IMMD, '23 SwimRun MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easton or Salisbury are decent options. 30 to 40 min away respectively. Make sure you do long training blocks on the trainer as prep. The bike is flat - but there is no rest, always on.
Quote Reply