Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by astrotri
Re: Collegiate Nationals 2007... cat is out of the bag [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting,

Weather will be warm to freaking hot, eastern location as promised (last year), seems like it might be kinda far from major airports.

Also does this mean that CSTV is the "governing body" of the collegiate nationals for triathlon now?
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals 2007... cat is out of the bag [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody also yelled this out at the awards in Reno. I can't wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The article in Reno's newspaper the day after the race also named Tuscaloosa. Last sentance in the article:

http://news.rgj.com/...04230394/1018/SPORTS

--Marcus George, President
UCLA Triathlon Team
http://www.triathlon.ucla.edu
http://wcctc.pengra.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If CSTV is calling the shots these days, maybe we can convince them to actually take some of the recommendations of the collegiate commission.

Tuscaloosa is just fun to say.

"Triathlon" is a misspell according to the Slowtwitch spell checker.
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals 2007... cat is out of the bag [ScottW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, how did nationals go for you guys anyways?
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals 2007... cat is out of the bag [uwmswimr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went great for me. I stayed in Austin and bought a new road bike. The University of Texas squad didn't have the organization to make it to Nats this year, but next year watch out! My Alma Mater, Purdue did me proud with another 3rd place mens team (3rd year in a row!). Considering that Purdue has always been one of the strongest swimming schools, that is an even more impressive result. I think GregK might be preparing a race/after party report with pics, so check back for more info.

I'd also like to say how really impressive the Montana team is. They cleaned up, and I never saw it coming. The west coast/Colorado dynasty is over!

Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals 2007... cat is out of the bag [ScottW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Scott,

Is anyone from UT coming up to race the BTU triathlon in Bryan this weekend? In case you hadn't heard, the collegiate division is discounted and there are some collegiate only prizes.

We'd love to get some sort of Texas A&M-UT challenge going.
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals 2007... cat is out of the bag [dirtydan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll mention it at the meeting we are supposed to have tomorrow, but I don't think the few people in the club right now would put up much of a challenge. That's also the same weekend as the conference road championship, so that's where I'll be. A&M and UT are really close in the road standings.

Quote Reply