Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Price Advice on a Used Speed Concept
Quote | Reply
I have a buddy that’s trying to sell me a used 2016 trek speed concept 7.5. The bike is stock except for a ultegra Di2 groupset. He wants 2.6k. Based on my research, the bike is worth at most, 2k.

I’m tempted because it’s been hard to find a frame in my size (58-61cm) with a electronic shifting for a decent price.

Advice?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Price Advice on a Used Speed Concept [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a bit high, does it come with nice race wheels/tires?
Quote Reply
Re: Price Advice on a Used Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
Its a bit high, does it come with nice race wheels/tires?

That was my first question as well. Also, does it have a power meter?
Quote Reply
Re: Price Advice on a Used Speed Concept [jacob2727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No races wheels, no power meter. Which is no big deal because I’ll swap both over from my current bike. But it does make the price seem high

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You said that the price is high.
Quote Reply
Re: Price Advice on a Used Speed Concept [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What would be your suggested counteroffer?

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dealing with a friend is very different than a stranger.

If I were buying something on craigslist, I would start at $800 via text message or email. That sets an anchor. After the seller responds, let them stew for a few weeks. Then I would come back and ask to take a look at it. I probably wouldn't go over $1,500.

Your friend has a very large size bike that doesn't have a lot of demand. Let him sit on it for several months and then offer $1,800. If he counters, just say that's too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You answered your own question. The bike is worth what you’re willing to pay. You value size and di2 shifting. If size and shifting weren’t there, my guess is whatever the price it wouldn’t matter. Can you get a speed concept for 2k and add di2 for 600 with parts and labor? Is there value in knowing where the bike came from? This isn’t the open market, but your personal preferences. If you want the bike and are tempted, price seems close to worthwhile.
Quote Reply