Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lens colors for sunglasses
Quote | Reply
I need a pair of sunglasses to race/train in. I'm looking at the Rudy Project Rydon glasses. Does anyone have any advice on what color lenses would best suite my purpose..there are so many options.
Quote Reply
Re: lens colors for sunglasses [fxjeffrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me:

Dark/mirrored: Sunny conditions
Yellow: Cloudy/rainy conditions
Clear: Low light, but clear conditions

I haven't tried any other colors yet. You can also go by simply what looks cool with your outfit :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the amber/dark orange color. this color adds contrast like yellow will, but cuts out more light (adding the darkening qualities of brown/mirrored). I use these lenses almost all the time, and wouldn't get a set of sunglasses with anything else.

A good way to go is to get sunglasses with interchangable lenses, so you can switch them out based on lighting. personally, I really like the Smith sunglasses. They're high quality at a good price, and their interchangables include three lenses.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Rudy "Racing Red" is the MOST versatile and useful lense I've ever used. Laser Blue is great to have for really sunny days, and then clear or yellow for rain or really low light, but for 95% of the time, the racing red is the right lense.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I agree with Rappstar - if you are going Rudy Project, their Racing Red is a great "overall" lense for almost all conditions. I use them and also the blue ice by Oakley and like them both a lot. I use the yellow in low light/very cloudy conditions.

Quote | Reply
Check out Tifosi, they give you three lenses for about $50.

Re: lens colors for sunglasses [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Rudy "Racing Red" is the MOST versatile and useful lense I've ever used

I second this. I have RP racing red and polarized gray. The Racing red are excellent for almost any kind of racing conditions that I can imagine.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got some Smiths with changeable lenses (Empire)... I use three most of the time:

Polarized Grey
Rose Copper
Yellow

Between those three, I'm always covered. There's also a nice Rose Copper polarized that my Dad uses when skiing and riding, with a mix of the bright-day and lower-light characteristics that makes it a great all around lens.

For everyday use, get something with some rose or orange tint, not too dark. That way if it's cloudy you can still see, and if it's sunny it's still useful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Rappstar's suggestion of the Racing Red lenses. They are the most versatile and the ones that stay in my Rydon's almost all year round. I have the yellow lenses but only use them under the worst of light conditions while the smoke lenses that came with the glasses sit in their case.
Quote Reply
Re: lens colors for sunglasses [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree although I use Tifosi. The amber/rose lense is the most versatile.

Re: lens colors for sunglasses [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. RP's "Racing Red" is awesome in just about any condition you might encounter.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply