Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P5 three fork vs P3 fork
Quote | Reply
Hi Brains Trust, I’m just after some advice on whether it’s worth while swapping out the fork on my 2013 P3 for the fork from the P5 three- the UCI legal version.
I haven’t seen the P5 forks IRL but the shape doesn’t seem too different to the P3, so seemingly the Tri version would be the better upgrade?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 three fork vs P3 fork [SlowP3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same fork. Fits both the p5-3 and the np3 frames.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no good reason to upgrade the p3c or 2014+ p3 to the p5-3 fork. My original fork here was cracked when a car tapped me and this was the first fork I found so I tossed it on, but it wasn't any functionally different than the original. For the 2014+ p3, if you go with the p5-6 fork you can get a bit creative with the front end but I wouldn't go that route on the p3c like mine.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: May 16, 23 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: P5 three fork vs P3 fork [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"There's no good reason to upgrade the p3c"

Shhh...you're not helping my case with my wife.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: P5 three fork vs P3 fork [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
"There's no good reason to upgrade the p3c"

Shhh...you're not helping my case with my wife.

"I am doing it for the disc brakes, to be safer, to be there for you"
Quote Reply
Re: P5 three fork vs P3 fork [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies everyone, it’s much appreciated. I’m not sure I’m ready to make the jump to the P5 six fork as without the Magura brake it looks a bit weird.
Keeping the original and putting on a tririg delta aero cover might be the better looking option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SlowP3 wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone, it’s much appreciated. I’m not sure I’m ready to make the jump to the P5 six fork as without the Magura brake it looks a bit weird.
Keeping the original and putting on a tririg delta aero cover might be the better looking option.

If you ultimately do want to do the P5-6 fork, I just happen to have one NIB uncut that I could let go of.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply