Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wisconsin Wheel Set [ETN79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There really are only three significant "climbs" at Wisconsin (six, I guess since you have to do two loops). For all the other rollers, you usually have enough speed from the previous hill to take you most of the way up the next one. So you won't really be doing too much pure climbing so to speak.

I rode a disc the last two years. I'm planning to ride a disc again this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Wisconsin Wheel Set [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it twice now and its really not the hills that get people in my opinion. Its a more technical course than other Ironmans with just a ton of turns so its hard to get a good rhythm on a good bit of the course. There is a lot of slowing down and accelerating. I doubt there is very much difference between a 404 and a disc on that course but I would not go with the 303's. Just my $.02.
Quote Reply
Re: Wisconsin Wheel Set [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go with the 909 or 999 set if you have the $$$. IMMoo isn't that hilly and like others have said, there's enough flats and small rollers to take advantage of a disk or deep section wheel.

The only really bad hill is Old Sauk Pass (?). Not even that steep, just a bit on the long side and it does hurt a bit the second time around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike R

Software Engineer and Mac geek
Aspiring to be front-middle-of-the-pack in 2010.
Quote Reply

Prev Next