----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Good for Rolf. Who the hell is he?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...i?post=748786#748786

I believe Mr. GeeForces has some crow to consume today.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [harm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow is right, now look out for him at IM Lanzarote.

Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay - Rolf!

Halb1: 01:19:03 Halb2: 01:23:50

Looks like he was aiming to break 2:40. Next time.

Next stop Lanzarote! What are people predicting? Obviously sub 10...
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [Sam McHugh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friggin positive splitting poser Damn Rolf, if he could have just negative split (or even split with that starting 1:19) he would have done the sub 2:40 that I predicted. Congrats to Rolf!
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. Nice race by a cyclist! Lance better strap his shoes on tight if he's going to top that!

Ok...dude can ride...now we know he can run...anyone think he can get that stick-like upper-body moving fast in the water?
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this Hamburg Marathon did not do him in (from a recovery perspective), "stickboy Aldag" might actually go sub 9 at Lanzarote....

It will be stretch given that the two events are only ~5 weeks apart.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm....

a few days off...then a week of swimming...then back on the bike...then run some...

I think 5 weeks is plenty to recover and even get in a bit of work...
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize it is plenty time to recover and get some solid training in, but even 5 weeks after a tough marathon, when you go "deep deep" into the tank like you would at Lanzarote, you know how hard it can be.

I realize he had years of base and yearly volume averages that are likely quadruple that of most posters on this forum, but nevertheless, we're talking about recovery from a 2:42 which tends to be a lot tougher than recovering from a 3:10 (ie more newtons of force being dissapated by the body per footstrike) combined with Lanzarote, the toughest Ironman in the world outside of Embrunman.

Nevertheless, I think he can pull off a sub 9. Perhaps Cheasumo can pipe in with his thoughts as he is pretty up on the Euro racing scene.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's an experienced tour rider. Something tells me he has this "recovery" thing sorted out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I realize it is plenty time to recover and get some solid training in, but even 5 weeks after a tough marathon, when you go "deep deep" into the tank

Dev
Who says he went deep in the tank at Hamburg. He may be faster than we think. Set a pretty good marker for Lance.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: Rolf Aldag at the Hamburg Marathon [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True...he may have not gone that far in the tank, but a 2;42 by anyone is likely enough to have some kind of an impact on optimal Lanzarote preparation, even if he does recover quickly. If nothing else it interrupts his prep for Lanzarote. Perhaps he did zero taper for Hamburg, but usually you are not spending 6-4 weeks out from an Ironman tapering and recovering from a marathon. You'd normally be doing pretty big Ironman specific volume combined with some intensity.
Quote Reply