Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ditlev FTP [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
Even at 90% of his 20’ effort, his FTP is sitting north of 450. Let’s call him 83kg.

He’s probably sitting at around 5.5 w/kg ftp- But his watts per CDA are likely absurd.

Skipper rode 317w at Roth @80kg and got destroyed on the bike leg by almost 10min to magnus.

If magnus rides ~ .82 intensity factor, he rides 375w. Suddenly those kinds of gaps make more sense.

You’d have to think there are a few world tour talent id folks interested in his power files.

Yes, I'm sure there are World Tour teams interested in him. There's not a ton of money in cycling (or any non-major sport) outside of the top couple hundred. And I don't think he's good enough to be a top tier cyclist. I'm fairly sure being a world top-10 triathlete pays more than being a world top-100 cyclist.
Quote Reply
Re: Ditlev FTP [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
MadTownTRI wrote:
Even at 90% of his 20’ effort, his FTP is sitting north of 450. Let’s call him 83kg.

He’s probably sitting at around 5.5 w/kg ftp- But his watts per CDA are likely absurd.

Skipper rode 317w at Roth @80kg and got destroyed on the bike leg by almost 10min to magnus.

If magnus rides ~ .82 intensity factor, he rides 375w. Suddenly those kinds of gaps make more sense.

You’d have to think there are a few world tour talent id folks interested in his power files.

Yes, I'm sure there are World Tour teams interested in him. There's not a ton of money in cycling (or any non-major sport) outside of the top couple hundred. And I don't think he's good enough to be a top tier cyclist. I'm fairly sure being a world top-10 triathlete pays more than being a world top-100 cyclist.

I am not sure any WT teams would be interested. He is not going to win a time trial with those numbers. Way too late to develop group riding skills to make him a good roleur type of domestique, which is where he could fit in a team. There are plenty of mid 70 kg guys in u23 ranks that could hit those numbers and would have thousands of hours road racing skills including descending. Don't get me wrong, he is triathlon's best cyclist in my view and his numbers are incredible but road racing does not seem to be in the cards.

Do you have any evidence to support your statement that top 10 triathlete makes more money than a top 100 cyclist or just your pure speculations?

Yes, I am aware this is how Knibb got recruited, but some will hate me for saying this...there is a huge gap between the men and women's tour depth.
Quote Reply
Re: Ditlev FTP [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Magnus was on a danish podcast after Roth.

His powermeter was badly calibrated before the race and he got numbers in the mid 200's. But he said that he normally match up with Laidlow when looking at power after the race. According to Strava Laidlow pushed 318w and 327w NP.

4 hours at 375w - imagine the HUGE energy cost? I don't think Magnus (or any of the best riders in triathlon) is limited by the intensity factor compared to "FTP" - but they are limited by the energy cost.

In the same podcast he talks about testing (they test so much), and right now they are testing the fat/carbs ratio at race intensity and how it develops with fatigue. Suggesting that it's the energy cost that's limiting how much power he/they can push.

The difference between 4 hours at 320w and 375w is 800 calories.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Re: Ditlev FTP [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soooo slick to go 45 kmh (and a bit more) at 318w/327w jeez!

@Lars: Can you share that Danish 🇩🇰 podcast here? Tak
Quote Reply
Re: Ditlev FTP [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - that's FAST!

This is the link to the danish podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/...0813?i=1000618535441

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply

Prev Next