Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerobar tape
Quote | Reply
I am sure you all can help since some of you change your tape more than once a season. I am puting on the finishing touches to complete the build list to turn the road bike into a fixed gear comuter (for saving money) and move the parts over to the tri frame (first ever for me, though I am the third owner. I was gifted the frame in exvhange for a 6 pack.) I have never taped aero bars before and was wondering what to do with the length. Do I cut the tape in 1/2 and use 1/2 for the aerobars and the other half? How do I know how much I need for each location.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar tape [D1UCB4U] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should be fine with one package (for lack of a better word) of bar tape. Use one roll (they usually come with 2) on the left side and one roll on the right side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This should help: http://www.parktool.com/.../readhowto.asp?id=71

Most importantly you need the latex gloves. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar tape [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The instructions for the drop bars were nice. Thank you. I already know how to install tape on drop bars. I have successfully completed that task many times. I am looking for help to install tape onto aerobars. I have never installed tape onto aero bars before and I cannot find instructions. I know one box should be sufficient. 1/2 for the right and 1/2 for the left. But what about the tape for the aero bars vs the tape for the bullhorns. Does the right bullhorn get 1/4 of the box, the right aerobar 1/4 left aerobar and finally the left bullhorn the final 1/4? how long should I plan or cut for each part since I have 4 different sections that need tape. Does each section get an equal length in tape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a little less than 2 rolls(1 package) per bike. I wrap just enough for my hands to fit on the aerobars and basebar. I snapped a quick pic of mine so I could illustrate it better. I guess it comes to personal preference. I show my hand for reference. I just wrap it starting with the full roll. Once I get where I need it, I cut it and tape it., continuing on to the next place I want to wrap.

Quote | Reply
Thanks, that was exactly the type of answer I was looking for. I really appreciate your time. Good luck on your next ride. May the wind be at your back, the power through the roof, th rubber side down and the recovery short.
Quote Reply