Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc wheel question.
Quote | Reply
Ok so i bought a zipp disc wheel from a friend in montreal, it has a couple cosmetic flaws which seem to be some small areas of the disc which were struck by stones. It's not major damage at all, infact its just a tiny line where the carbon has just very slightly split. Should i worry endlessly about this?

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel question. [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not worry about the disk failing as much as I would the added wind drag you will be cursed with. I have heard rumors of disk wheels actually causing your seat to raise as you ride...freaky voodoo stuff man...send that wheel to me for proper disposal ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel question. [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds cosmetic based upon your description. I wouldn't be concerned unless it's an obvious crack going into the rim.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel question. [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok i have to be honest and frank here for a second... After listening to all the mumbo jumbo road bike vs. tri/TT bike i was all like ya right whatever, but the TT bike which i bought and the setup i have is the best fit ive ever felt, not to mention how fast my wheels are. Ive never been so fast with such ease in my life. holy hell.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply