Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vacation Next Week - Adjusting to higher temps?
Quote | Reply
I live in Boston where temps are still in the 50-70 degree range, and next week I will be in Orlando where the forecast has temps going into the lower 90s. I'm looking forward to a few good runs and swims down there, but it typically takes me a while to adjust to higher temperatures with this thicker northern blood.

Any tips on how to ease the adjustment? Anything I can do besides work out early in the day and hydrate like crazy?
Quote Reply
Re: Vacation Next Week - Adjusting to higher temps? [subminuteman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really the temps. but the humidity which takes adjusting to.

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: Vacation Next Week - Adjusting to higher temps? [subminuteman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm from MI and have been in Marco Island, FL for the last two weeks on vacation (we're about 45 minutes south of Naples). Average run temps have been low to mid-90s at about 8-10 am- don't believe the weather reports if you look them up. It's damn hot. HR has been running about 20 BMP higher than normal vs. a consistent RPE. Finished a 70 min run this morning and couldn't wait to get in the pool. The outside pools rock, but use sun block before you get in as the swim provides a great opportunity to get cooked too. If you can, shed the shirt on the run. I've been wearing one for the first 1/2 of the run and then peel it off at the half way mark and the core temp feels like it's dropped 20 degrees. That's about the only tip other than run shaded areas (shadows of tall condos/hotels, etc.). Have fun.
Quote Reply