Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OK to Race 5k day before St. Anthonys??
Quote | Reply
I need some opinions about doing a 5k race the morning before I race St. Anthony's. Normally the day before a race I would probably do about 10-15mi easy bike then 3mi easy run. Obviously racing takes more out of you but the short distance makes me think it won't affect me much, if at all.

Jerry: What you're suggesting is illegal.
Kramer: It's not illegal!
Jerry: It's against the law.
Kramer: Well, yeah.
Quote Reply
Re: OK to Race 5k day before St. Anthonys?? [fleabates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you do the 5k? If you are trying to really do well at St Anthony's, then skip the 5k.....there is probably NO real reason to do it!? At least you didn't mention that.
Quote Reply
Re: OK to Race 5k day before St. Anthonys?? [fleabates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a weekend double race last summer.....never again if I want to go fast. I did a 1/4, 13, 3.1 tri the day before the FL State TT Championships. I went at the tri, VERY easy. Swam like a dog, biked slow, and then jogged a 26:00 5k. The next day I blow up on the TT at about mile 5. BIG BooBoo. The day before took much more out of me then I thought.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: OK to Race 5k day before St. Anthonys?? [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok that is starting to persude me. I was actually planning on just doing St Anthonys and not really trying to set the world on fire. I have heard it is so crowded you can forget about posting a decent time really anyways.

Jerry: What you're suggesting is illegal.
Kramer: It's not illegal!
Jerry: It's against the law.
Kramer: Well, yeah.
Quote Reply