Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED J2
Quote | Reply
Sorry, if this has been covered, but I've searched here and googled, but can't find what I'm looking for. A friend of a friend is selling a used J2 front tubular for $100. Supposedly it still rolls nicely and is in good condition.

1. How deep is this wheel? Like a 303?

2. For a 190lb masher, should this wheel be a decent choice? I do 12-20 short distance rolling TT's and tri's a year. It will be a RACE ONLY wheel, coupled with my Renn disc. For $100 it seems like a decent deal, but if I would just be better to wait and get a trispoke next year, I will. Right now I am just running a Neuvation M28 aero on front(25mm deep I think).

Thanks.

Quote | Reply
Not a bad wheel, they haven't made it for a while I believe. If you could get the tri-spoke I would go for that next year, worth the wait probably. I would say it might be a little less deep than a 303.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: HED J2 [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, the guy just emailed me and said it was a 38mm. That puts it dead even with the 303. For $100, I may pick this up just to have it. Anyone else have any insight to it's durability?

Thanks.

Quote | Reply
I've got a J2 I've ridden for many years - tris, centuries, training. Only 1 minor truing after hitting a big pothole, and it was still rideable before truing.
Quote Reply