Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Coaching Software
Quote | Reply
In case you Computrainer owners have not noticed, the Coaching Software is now free. You can download it from the website.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [dusterboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any users have any input on what it does and how well it does it?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the SpinScan display, and the Manual Ergo modes a lot. I have done some programmed ergo workouts in the past, but programming them is a bit difficult, and then you are locked in to the wattages you programmed.

I understand that the newest 3D software and coaching software also do not encrypt the data files, so you can easily use them elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to: Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [mr. mike] by efernand "I have done some programmed ergo workouts in the past, but programming them is a bit difficult, and then you are locked in to the wattages you programmed."

Well yeah, that's the point. Pushing wattage that is hard. Kind of what makes you better, don't you think?

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Any users have any input on what it does and how well it does it?[/reply]

I spend about 85% on my time on the computrainer (which accounts for 70% of my trianing) in the coaching software.

the coaching softwares MAIN feature is controlling the CT in ergometer mode (forcing the athlete to mainain a certain wattage, regardless of wheelspeed, cadence, gears etc.)

it does some other things, but that is the real value (and it was worth the ~100 they charged for it)

hth,
let me know if you have any other questions...

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It also converts saved race files for uploading into TrainingPeaks.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
true, but if you have CPS, don't you also have a on bike powermeter (ok, there are like 3 people with CT's and CPS that don't)....

:P

but yes, it is true. although the new 3d release is supposed to not encrypt (although still binary) andCPS is working on native support (not translation steps).

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you get it free on the site? I see a notice that if you buy a computrainer you get it free but I can't seem to find the download link for people that already have a computrainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any users have any input on what it does and how well it does it?

I like it b/c I can program in a workout and ride it like a course. No more fiddling with the up/down arrows to manage my watts and more importantly, no more having to watch the clock.

How well does it do it? Well, I paid the $75 or whatever it cost at the time, and for that price, it's weak. Cheap graphics, crashes if you toggle to another screen, isn't compatible with older versions of the training software, etc. But I learned to live with it's idiosyncracies.

Bottom line, despite it's flaws, I consider it an indispensible part of my routine. But this is mainly b/c I get my workouts from my coach in watts, so programming my workouts is a huge convenience for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should finally buck up and upgrade my CT Pro NES to the computerized version....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike R

Software Engineer and Mac geek
Aspiring to be front-middle-of-the-pack in 2010.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just goto support>computrainer>coaching software and get the latest build

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you view the saved files in another program? when i try to save my files, it saves to some .CDF file and something about Charts file? what the hell is that and how do i save it into a useable file?

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Coaching Software [klointheridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
export to .txt :D

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply