Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tt bars on propel bike
Quote | Reply
Hi
I recently had the opportunity to buy a Ridley Chronus to have a tt bike. I also have a Giant propel.
Geometry on the Chronus isn't really agressive, I was looking for an ism saddle to have a more forward fit (73° saddle angle).
On the propel I have a Vector seatspost; I Can Switch the seatspost to be really far forward, more than on the Chronus.
Handlebars on the Chronus is basic deda crononero, and 105 groupset (36-52, I live in the alps so even a "flat" ride has sole climbing).
Before buying the New saddle, I was thininking about switching components to jeep the Ridley has my moutain bike and put the deda crononero on the propel with the seatspost in forward position.
Any advice ? Someone ride a propel with Time Trial configuration ?
Thanks a lot
Ivan
Quote Reply
Re: Tt bars on propel bike [ivan2794] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running a Merida Reacto with TT bars, TT saddle and low front end - which looking at a geometry point of view - is very very close to the Propel.

From a fit perspective, its within the norms if I run my position through myVeloFit or BFF EZ

So I would say, your propel will be fine.

Regards, Richard
3D Bits and Pieces - https://www.printables.com/@thetrickster_793480
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2017 Propel with Deda bars and clip on Profile aero bars. It's fitted with an ISM saddle (I don't know what model) as far forward as the standard seat post will allow and IMHO is comfy and pretty aero. I have ridden it in a hilly time trial with my disc and 80mm aero front wheel but mostly it is fitted with a pair 50 mm carbon wheels. Apart from the annoying internal cable rattle (another subject entirely) I really like the set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally did it on a 2016 model year one with some general PD clip ons. I did the whole photo thing.

I got pretty aero, but it was really twitchy compared to when I got my 2020 Trinity. Also, the geometry felt like you were either in the penalty box with hip angle due to the saddle setback OR you cure that and the extensions were way way out front of the handlebars.

It worked OK. I feel like folks running a lot more reach on their road bike or a whole frame size too large might be in better shape to do it.
Quote Reply