Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED3- hairline crack around valve hole
Quote | Reply
so...

I just got a pair of used HED3 clinchers off Ebay, and though they appear in great condition overall, I just noticed a tiny hairline crack next to the valve hole in the front wheel. There seems in general to be some small cracking right around that valve hole, which isn't there in the one on the back wheel. I can see a tiny fine hairline in the carbon go the centimeter or so from the valve hole to the alu rim. Is this going to affect the integrity of the wheel in the long run? If it isn't a big deal, then I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning the wheels, I am not even sure it would be easy to do that. I am thinking the seller may not even have noticed it, one has to look really close. All you guys with experience with HED3 wheels, is this a big deal or just a minor issue to be expected from used wheels?? If I can just ride them ok for race wheels, then I don't mind. I am around 125lbs.. Thank you all so much for the input!!
Quote Reply
Re: HED3- hairline crack around valve hole [vivie1072] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post a pic. I doubt it would be a problem but let's see what it looks like

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: HED3- hairline crack around valve hole [vivie1072] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on if the crack is just in the clearcoat (more likely) or actually through to the carbon fiber itself...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Re: HED3- hairline crack around valve hole [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> The closer it is to a spoke hole,
> the more its under stress.

It's a Hed3 ...

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Re: HED3- hairline crack around valve hole [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> And they still call it a tri-spoke.

I still fail to see where the aforementioned spoke holes are ...

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]