Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain.
Quote | Reply
I can not find published papers about this topic but I recall reading about this on ST. Can anyone provide evidence or make a comment about the benefits of this fitting practice?

Thanks beforehand.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride with my saddle turned about 10deg to one side. I dress left, my saddle turns to the right. It is the only way I can ride.

Perfectly normal.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an article at www.timetrial.org
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information.

About the article, Do you remenber who is the author?

Sergio

Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably John Cobb.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Gary.

Sergio

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://72.14.203.104/...amp;ct=clnk&cd=1

How to Sit on a Bike
Believe it or not, there's a large segment of riders that don't know how to
properly sit on a bike. By sitting squarely on your sit bones and bending
forward at the waist, you place more stress on your back and end up with a
position that's not aerodynamic nor conductive to power output. The
proper way to sit on a bike is to roll forward on your pelvis so that your low
back/spine is in a neutral position. Additionally, turning your saddle 5 to 15
degrees off to one side can often help you obtain proper position on your
bike. The diagrams below show the proper and improper way to sit on a
saddle. -John Cobb
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: GeeForces: Apr 20, 06 5:28
Quote | Reply
Ok but how do u turn ur saddle when you have an aero seatpost??
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I barely go with ~1/5 of a nose width. Any more and I feel like I am riding sideways...
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [GO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can bend the rails slightly if you really want...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a bad SI joint and get pain in my right hip/upper butt. Turning the saddle a few degrees to the right helped relieve the pain. I also noticed that the nose of the saddle now rubs equal on my thighs. I must be twisted or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here....

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle pointing slightly to a side to relieve pain. [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bicyclesports.com/Positioning.html

I can only read the text in the cache of this site. Does anyone knows if this will be only temporary? I have not been able to find the compleat article in other site.

Thanks for all your comments.

Sergio

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was able to do that with the seat mounting bracket for a softride that has as much side to side adjustment as several aero posts that I have seen. Depending on the mounting bracket it can be done via trial and error most likely.
Last edited by: konaby2008: Apr 21, 06 5:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Very simple, you leave the saddle where it is, loosen the stem's handlebar tensioning bolts, and move the handlebars about an inch and a half to one side. It's common practice to also add a couple of spacers to one pedal in order to keep your legs in line. Importantly, don't forget to twist your aero helmet slightly so that it still points in the direction of travel. Otherwise people will think you're stupid.
Quote Reply