Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Discomfort in the back of my knee..
Quote | Reply
Over the past month or so when I'm running it feels like a tendon in the back of my left knee is going to pop. I don't feel it when I'm walking or jogging, only when I'm running and trying to kick it into a faster gear. When I try and get into a faster pace I can feel myself start to naturally favor my right side and I have one side doing this short little choppy stride and the other trying to talk a longer stride. When I start to feel this there isn't any pain, just a weird discomfort feeling. it's really starting to discourage me cause I'm finally getting to the point where I know I can go a lot faster for longer distances, but my flippin' leg won't let me. I really don't want to have to ease off, before I even get going. I'm trying to make an appointment for this week with a doctor, but I thought in the mean time I could get some opinions from you guys.

"Obsessed" A word the unmotivated use to describe the dedicated.
Quote Reply
Re: Discomfort in the back of my knee.. [RIPTIDE 11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been dealing with an issue behind my knee for weeks now. Does the pain go horizontal across the leg or vertically? Is it directly behind the knee? A little above? A little below? If the pain is more vertical is it along the inside of your leg or the outside? Have you changed any equipment or your bike position recently?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Discomfort in the back of my knee.. [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is definitely vertical, directly behind the knee and dead center. Yours gives you a feeling of pain? Mine is just a very weird discomfort feeling, I'll start picking up the pace, feel it and then think to myself I better ease up. It really feels like it's about to pop. I tried doing a little research yesterday and it sounds like it may be either a hamstring tendon rupture or strain. I don't think that it's a rupture as there isn't any pain, so It may just be a strain. I'm hoping to get into the doctors next week, until then I'm going to use the R.I.C.E method. I read your post and responses and it doesn't look good for either of us, as far as not having to take time off. I'm so pissed cause everything was finally starting to come together. Let me know if you come up with anything else on this.

Good luck

Keith

"Obsessed" A word the unmotivated use to describe the dedicated.
Quote Reply