Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fulgaz working with a Computrainer
Quote | Reply
Anyone able to use Fulgaz on their Computrainer? I know there are workarounds for this. The Fulgaz website does state it's not compatible with Computrainer but I know Rouvy isn't either but that had a workaround.

Anyone?

Eventually I'll upgrade to a new smart trainer but it's hard to ditch something that still works.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Anyone able to use Fulgaz on their Computrainer? I know there are workarounds for this. The Fulgaz website does state it's not compatible with Computrainer but I know Rouvy isn't either but that had a workaround.

Anyone?

Eventually I'll upgrade to a new smart trainer but it's hard to ditch something that still works.

I haven't tried this but this is how it was a while ago.

Many new apps want to talk with the wireless Ant+ trainer standard, which of course the computrainer does not support

There is an app called Perfpro that has (had) a bridge https://perfprostudio.com/CTSmart.aspx

So Perfpro talks to the CT via USB and then it transmits via an ANT+ dongle emulating a wireless trainer.

That's the theory
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

Anyone?

Many new apps want to talk with the wireless Ant+ trainer standard, which of course the computrainer does not support

There is an app called Perfpro that has (had) a bridge https://perfprostudio.com/CTSmart.aspx

So Perfpro talks to the CT via USB and then it transmits via an ANT+ dongle emulating a wireless trainer.

That's the theory

Thank you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Thank you!

There may be other products that do this trick. I will look
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

Anyone?

That's the theory

I use the CT bridge from perfPro and it works great with my computrainer and as far as the otehr side goes all it knows is it is looking at a Ant +FEC . I also run my bike with power meter against this and they match up nearly exactly so the control is very good. The response is also very good. If one needed to go bluetooth the CABLE devices are said to work as well but PerfPro says that it does cause some translational lag between devices.
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
marcag wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

Anyone?

That's the theory

I use the CT bridge from perfPro and it works great with my computrainer and as far as the otehr side goes all it knows is it is looking at a Ant +FEC . I also run my bike with power meter against this and they match up nearly exactly so the control is very good. The response is also very good. If one needed to go bluetooth the CABLE devices are said to work as well but PerfPro says that it does cause some translational lag between devices.

I use perfPro studio and it is rock solid, so I suspect the bridge would be of equal quality.
I guess the only downside is you need a PC and a Ant+ stick which ups the cost and number of components.

The worst part is this could all be done with about $30 retail of hardware and a few days of work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
s5100e wrote:
marcag wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

Anyone?

That's the theory

I use perfPro studio and it is rock solid, so I suspect the bridge would be of equal quality.
I guess the only downside is you need a PC and a Ant+ stick which ups the cost and number of components.

The worst part is this could all be done with about $30 retail of hardware and a few days of work.
yeah it is too bad that Computrainer could not take its head out of the sand and see the future.. even when the guy from Wahoo offered to fix it for them which caused Wahoo to become a thing. The mechanical parts are rock solid, their connectivity and software well what can you say... short sighted. .. very sad. love my Computrainer!
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. I'm going to have my husband take a look at this thread. He is my tech guy with all things computer related :-)

Sounds like it's feasible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfpro CT smart works great with Rouvy, I have ridden many miles with it. For some reason it does not work well with FulGaz. FulGaz stops often, video freezes and no progress is shown on the hill profile. Rouvy' video sometimes stops, not often, but the ride continues. FulGaz prefers bluetooth communications, there is a new product coming out from the company that just purchased Perfpro, It would add to the cost of getting FulGaz working and I am not sure if it is all worth it, and dont know if it solves the freeze problem.

Sb
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [luath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luath wrote:
Perfpro CT smart works great with Rouvy, I have ridden many miles with it. For some reason it does not work well with FulGaz. FulGaz stops often, video freezes and no progress is shown on the hill profile. Rouvy' video sometimes stops, not often, but the ride continues. FulGaz prefers bluetooth communications, there is a new product coming out from the company that just purchased Perfpro, It would add to the cost of getting FulGaz working and I am not sure if it is all worth it, and dont know if it solves the freeze problem.

PerfPRO bought?
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [DonV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz working with a Computrainer [luath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did your tech guy get this to work?