Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar S725x vs. Polar S720i
Quote | Reply
For those of you who use or are familiar w/ the Polar HRM's, a question:

The 720i is the top triathlon recommended HRM from Polar's website.

Yet, I notice the 725x under the cycling section and it seems to do everything the 720i does, with a few more things, most notably the ability to work with their footpod for running stuff. It also appears to have a smaller display and a different casing/band, and uses a different transmitter.

Can anyone tell me why the 725 wouldn't be a triathlon recommended product? Is there something I'm missing?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar S725x vs. Polar S720i [nycowl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I heard, the ultimate, unbeatable tri watch was the 625x. This is the only one with running and cycling functions, as well as all the HR doo-dads. The 720i was a lower reccommended model, without the footpod. However, before getting super exited with a tri do-all watch, make sure you realize if you will be comfortable checking speed on your wrist, because surely you can mount the watch on your bike for the bike portion, but you aren't going to be switching it over for the run. What I personally did was get the cheaper RS200sd, which has the footpod and all running functions, and use a separate cadence/ speed monitor to be able to see that data. Sure integration is nice, but it didn't work for me to have to be checking my wrist for speed.

You have the right ideas about the products, just the model names messed up:

http://www.polarusa.com/...ucts.asp?qid=cycling

the 625x does anything, the rs200sd is just running and HRM, and the 720i is just bike and HRM. The 725x is their top of the line bike watch, with optional running features (you have to buy the footpod).

SO there! That was all of my research, what do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar S725x vs. Polar S720i [nycowl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know why it wouldn't work. I use the 725x with speed, cadence, power and HR. I borrowed a footpod to try out and it worked great. I'm in the process of trying to find a footpod for myself now. I just use the wireless speed and cadence and wear the watch on my wrist in races.

It doesn't look like the 720 is compatible with the footpod though.

Last edited by: cslone: Apr 18, 06 20:12
Quote Reply