Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Peter Reid news ?
Quote | Reply
Believe it or not but want to know where is he training, races will attend, NEWS !!??
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [AGEndurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw him ridding two weeks ago in Victoria. I think Kona will be is only race but I could be wrong.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's in the St. Croix field.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is what Peter was up to on April 9th - http://www.theyeti.ca/home.asp

Results: http://www.theyeti.ca/assets/downloads/06ascent_results.pdf

Webguy

Shawn Skene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a participant list posted somewhere for the St Croix race? I can't seem to find it.

Sorry - don't mean to hijack the thread btw.

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [Shawn_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the latest news on Peter at www.PeterReid.com

New news in the scrolling news on the left sidebar.

Webguy

Shawn Skene
Last edited by: Shawn_1: Apr 18, 06 9:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was just here in Boston for the marathon (this weekend) doing sponsor stuff for Powerbar. Didn't race it though.

In Reply To:
He's in the St. Croix field.
Interesting - he's also on the start list for Baja 70.3. Aren't these races pretty close together?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did some of it. We were at mile 17 waiting for my gf and saw him running with 2 or 3 other guys and trying to pin a race number on his shirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shawn,

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. Great to see Pete doing cool events like this - and the Yeti race sounds pretty cool. I love stuff like that.

Please say "hello" if you are in contact with PR.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe Peter w/ be @ IM Germany too. Good to see him racing a bunch!

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend who was up there watching thought Peter and Tim Deboom we each running parts with someone, pacing them.. but she wasn't sure, just thought so.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it was a drawing at the Powerbar booth before the marathon. If your name got pulled, you got your very own pacer a.k.a. Peter Reid as your personal pacer for part of the race, Tim DeBoom and 2 other well known marathoners were picks for pacers too. How fun would that be? :)

It looked like a relay type thing, didn't recognize DeBoom, but I saw him at the expo and didn't realize it was him then either, he had some funky bleached hair going on.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner's World Magazine use to do this pretty cool thing at Boston a few years ago for VIP's, media people, sponsors and so on, who were not doing the race. Early in the monring, they would run some buses out to the 10 mile-to-go mark and then groups of us would run back to the finishline. It was pretty cool to run along the course over some of the most famous terrain( Hearbreak hill etc . .) while it was closed to traffic, but there were not any spectators out yet.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Peter Reid news ? [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a link to the pro fields on the home page. There aren't any participant lists other than that that I know of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
......Nicole DeBoom ran. She clocked a 3:20ish race.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from peter's website:

Did my first race of the year on Sunday (April 9). It was epic. (The Yeti Ascent) I placed a cool second to some dude who specialized in snowshoe racing. I also learned that I need race gear next year and not the heavy tourist gear that I had. Oh well! Never knew that such a thing existed - snowshoe race gear.

Was off to Boston last Friday morning for a triathlon evening at Belmont Wheelworks then hanging with PowerBar at the expo on Saturday and pacing some Team Elite runners for the first 10 miles of the marathon.

I am back to Victoria then the Tri season begins at St. Anthony's then St. Croix.

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply