Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone recognize this brake?
Quote | Reply
HI all,

Saw these brake levers on what appears to be a new '23 Cervelo P-series at Moxie's FB page.
Didn't recognize the brake levers, looks to be a combo of Sram and TRP design.
New TRP maybe, but didn't see this at their website, looks to have also a shift button on the inside of the lever bt maybe that is me hoping to see that :-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: anyone recognize this brake? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the cylinder/reservoir shape and the high pivot for the lever, I’m reminded of a SRAM design - maybe a new DB-9XX model?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: anyone recognize this brake? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks David, i didn’t know of this company. It looks as an interesting brake system.

Regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rever is a beneficiary of TRP lead times blowing out to 24mths, Cervelo had to look for another solution
Some aspects of the Trivia are clever, like the pad spring also being a cooling fin
But I couldn't find a port adaptor in the universal park kit that fit nicely for bleeding and there is no support for the brand (close enough and an o-ring was the solution). They only had cable brakes up until this model.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Levers hanging too low on those. I don’t like curvy Profile Design levers either and found TRP TTLVRs are perfect. Great grip too.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The lever distance can be adjusted like on all models of different brands.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But it looks like, from the manual, that they have their ‘own’ Jagwire bleed kit which most likely will fit perfect ;-). They seem to use Finish Line mineral oil. And they are from Belgium, so our neighbor country. I’m going to order a set to see how they work.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
But it looks like, from the manual, that they have their ‘own’ Jagwire bleed kit which most likely will fit perfect ;-).

It would, if I could get it.
Are they from the part of Belgium that speaks your language? Looks like Ronse is just on the Flemish side.
Because Rever is a part of a shirt in English. And the homonym Reiver isn't particularly nice. So I'm wondering at the meaning of the name.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.tritownboise.com/...ake.html?id=82377829

US based site has them listed, though out of stock. Gives a good look at a set though.

Price is attractive compared to the Dura Ace set, or at least what those levers trade at on the secondary market since they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
But it looks like, from the manual, that they have their ‘own’ Jagwire bleed kit which most likely will fit perfect ;-).

It would, if I could get it.
Are they from the part of Belgium that speaks your language? Looks like Ronse is just on the Flemish side.
Because Rever is a part of a shirt in English. And the homonym Reiver isn't particularly nice. So I'm wondering at the meaning of the name.

Yes, they are located at the Dutch speaking part of Belgium as far as i can see. If you want to get the bleed kit let me know, i can order an extra set and ship it.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they Belgian or is that just their EU office contact info? I'm always skeptical when "about us" is in broken English and doesn't actually say anything about who/what/where/when. Just stuff like "we think it's important that products are good, so we make good stuff"
Quote Reply
Re: anyone recognize this brake? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Are they Belgian or is that just their EU office contact info? I'm always skeptical when "about us" is in broken English and doesn't actually say anything about who/what/where/when. Just stuff like "we think it's important that products are good, so we make good stuff"

I think that is their EU office since they also list a Tech Service email which is a Taiwan emailaddress. I think the mother company is Riderever Chia Cherne Industry Co ltd. It looks like a collaboration between them and Toyota at some point, or they use some of Toyota's technology of brakes.

I'm just going to order a pair and see how it works.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok found it. Chia Cherne Industry Co ltd. is the mother company and it's from Taiwan. Riderever is one of their brands, which also includes Jagwire.

I think you misunderstand their statement about Toyota. It has nothing to do with brakes. TPS is just a model of manufacturing operations. Most factories use it to some degree in some form. For example Honeywell's Operating System is based heavily on TPS. Toyota has a division that consults factories on how to manufacture based on lean manufacturing principles. I am 99.9% sure Toyota had zero involvement in this braking technolgy/system.

So to summarize
- it's not a Belgian company, but
- it's a reputable Taiwanese company related to Jagwire
- they manufacture using Toyota principles, like every factory in the world that is bigger than a garage. Lol

That being said, I would definitely try these brakes with the same confidence that I'd have from a brand like TRP, for example. That is to say, it should be good. It's not Alibaba junk or anything of that sort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding these for a year They are really nice. you can add di2 buttons or etap. It's the aftermarket brand owned by jagwire.

I think you will like them. I had trp before and these are much better.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone recognize this brake? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i emailed this company two months ago about getting the di2 button covers and never heard back. Has anyone been able to get the covers needed to add di2 buttons to these?
Last edited by: khanlon: Dec 18, 22 4:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
HI all,

Saw these brake levers on what appears to be a new '23 Cervelo P-series at Moxie's FB page.
Didn't recognize the brake levers, looks to be a combo of Sram and TRP design.
New TRP maybe, but didn't see this at their website, looks to have also a shift button on the inside of the lever bt maybe that is me hoping to see that :-)

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

A related question on the brake levers - perhaps you could help? I actually really dislike the plastic TRP brake levers which came with my Ultegra Di2 P-series a couple of years ago. Can I just replace the TRP brake levers with Shimano Dura Ace - or would I need to replace the calipers and the whole brake system as well?

Thanks
Dimm
Quote Reply
Re: anyone recognize this brake? [Dimm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest never did this. The problem is that even if the hose fitting is good the mineral is different and i’m not sure if that how this effect the functioning of the caliper or the lever. And i’m not ready to take that risk with my brakes yet ;-).

Jeroen

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Oct 25, 23 23:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found a set of these Riderever Triva brake levers and calipers for sale. I want to add the Di2 satellite shifter to them. There appears to be a Di2 switch cover available. But I can't seem to find anywhere I can purchase these Di2 switch covers in the United States. Does anyone know where I can purchase the Riderever Triva Di2 switch covers?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone recognize this brake? [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not in the US, but they are available here in The Netherlands. They are so tiny and small that I think shipping must be cheap if you van’t find them locally.

Jeroen

Quote Reply